You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 May 17, 2017 9:20 am

Dancer

Grenada 1979 ... 1983 .... could be after too

I was lying in bed , hands behind my head , having a smoke, and a an idea drifted across my reverie. Lo. ( the part about having a smoke in bed was a joke ,,, please do not do that )    ...... anyhow .

The idea was about the Revo, the pain , the suffering , the sadness and to  cover it all the paranoia that I have observed on TS ( as a non Greer ..'person non grata' . ....sad .lol

The idea was ' Where is the 'play' , Plays ... theater production of the Grenada 79-83.
Where are the playwrights  of the Caribbean    .... (forget comedy , Keens Douglas , Oliver Samuels , at this time ) ... from Jamaica to Guyana ,  New York ,  London , Toronto .

((( I would not want a Grenadian writing the play/production , too close to home, they are not ready yet , but others in the big cities  could take a stab at it . The time is so ripe , full of everything a  play could do . The stories could be so varied  and healing .)))

So to the new  young men and women  (playwrights)  in London , New York  , Toronto and Caribbean , LET'S GET IT ON.

.....and don't let some white production be   the first out of the gate.

#2 May 17, 2017 9:38 am

Slice

Re: Grenada 1979 ... 1983 .... could be after too

"The idea was about the Revo, the pain , the suffering , the sadness and to  cover it all the paranoia that I have observed on TS ( as a non Greer ..'person non grata' . ....sad .lol"

So talk to me about the above statement.  During those years, there has been more growth than any other time In Grenada's history.  Every politician, in those years had Grenadians interest first.  There was no corruption in those years.

Your statement should really apply to the years before 1979.

Where were you in  1979 to 1983?  I was in Grenada from 79 to 81.  One should know their history, before they start peaking.

The unemployment in Grenada right now is upward of 40%.  Every politician in Grenada is in for the money, they ent care ah SHEET about Grenadians.  So you are really confusing me.

Take ah read, before you start running your Big fleshy Mouth.

http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/econ … ONOMY.html

Last edited by Slice (May 17, 2017 9:43 am)

#3 May 18, 2017 1:02 am

Dancer

Re: Grenada 1979 ... 1983 .... could be after too

Like I said ' not ready yet'
Folk in the 'wider' are not attuned to the 'parochial' news, economics, history of the island. They might not even give a hoot.
BUT they know of the Revo , the American invasion.
Thus the interest for a production would lie in the effects , the day to day interactions of the people , the natives.
Thus playing to a much wider audience.

Some examples

A love story , between two citizens/ locals and the impact of the Revo.
A play featuring a white soldier (RD) and his interaction / bonding  with the Grenadian Culture, people.
Theatre of a family  thinking , planning to leave the island  (ones with money) lol
A close family friendship ... strained .

Clear ?

But to repeat .... these ideas would have to play out  in audiences , in London , NY , Toronto. ( without the political spin )
Dig ?

........Hey .... This is not a new , new ,  idea... for your information.

Board footer