You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Jun 06, 2017 5:07 pm

New Historian
Active

"Brand Jamaica"

Let’s talk about “Brand Jamaica”; and how Jamaica can capitalize on its high visibility on the international scene. Reggae, Rastafari, Olympics, World Cup football, Usain Bolt – even bobsledding! – Jamaica certainly punches above its weight. Jamaica could and should earn tangible financial rewards, from these outstanding achievements.

BUT, “Brand Jamaica” also has its dark side. There is a visceral anger in the rank and file of Jamaican society that is sometimes frightening to behold – just look at Jamaica’s horrific record on gay rights and its history of homophobic attacks. Until Jamaica recognises and tames these inner demons, and curbs the violence that invariably follows them, Jamaica will never be able to pull itself out of the economic mire – which it certainly has the potential to do.

20160211_122159.jpg

20160211_082750.jpg

20160206_185439-1.jpg

#2 Jun 06, 2017 7:30 pm

Calypso
Active

Re: "Brand Jamaica"

Jamaica is a homophobic country like all of the other Caribbean islands. We are a macho society who do not like men having sex with men. We are more acceptable with women having sex with women. Men hare looked up on a masculine and a other man receiving a penis in his rare end might not me a very pretty sight to others. We are also a Christian society. In the bible is says that homosexuality is abominable in the sight of God. The anus has feces which is packed with lethal bacteria. Homosexuals are known to have parasites in their body from coming in contact with the stool.

The violence toward them is horrific! Not all homosexuals are promiscuous . Some do have stable, loving relationships. Others do live bizarre, wanton sex lives that is not good to impose on  small cultures. The nations of the Caribbean are not a cosmopolitan  culture of peoples.   We would like our homosexuals to live normal lives and do not parade around like they do in America. We are very conservative on the topic. We should not judge people on their sexual preference. On the the other hand, we do not want Turkish baths where they go to have promiscuous sex, or' fisting clubs' where they go to put a fist up their buttocks. Humans are strange creatures with strange sexual appetites. We just want to keep it conservative without the drama.

#3 Jun 07, 2017 7:30 pm

New Historian
Active

"We just want to keep it conservative without the drama."

I don't think you can have it both ways. Either you liberalize or you don't, and your comments indicate that you are not in favour of liberalization.

#4 Jun 07, 2017 7:53 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Pssst, Calypso...  Heterosexuals are also known to come in contact with buttholes when they are making the beast with two backs.

#5 Jun 07, 2017 8:46 pm

New Historian
Active

"Cha man, Rasta nuh do dem nastiness deh, bun fiyah!" Says the Jamaican macho man. While behind him his girlfriends goes "Stuuupess!"

In other words: either he does, and he lie, or she WISHES he would lol!!

#6 Jun 08, 2017 5:37 am

Calypso
Active

No. I am not Janus-faced on the issue. I take the side of Mr. Golden. Other cultures should not impose their standard on us. We do not want Jamaica to be another America. We don't want unhealthy clubs to pop up. Look at what Jamaica has become? It up for the grabbing and has been exploited by powerful people. Keith Mitchell said that "Jamaica is mash-up" and he is right. We have to keep a standard. We have to keep our values with is distinct from that of Europe. Orgy clubs and bath houses do not fit in our way of like. Homosexuals and lesbians  must conduct their affairs in private.

#7 Jun 08, 2017 5:43 am

Calypso
Active

New Historian wrote:

"We just want to keep it conservative without the drama."

I don't think you can have it both ways. Either you liberalize or you don't, and your comments indicate that you are not in favour of liberalization.

WE DON'T WANT TO SEE THIS IMAGE IN JAMAICA. WE ARE NOT AN UNPROGRESSIVE NATION BECAUSE WE DO NOT TOLERATE IT!

https://www.timeout.com/newyork/lgbt/ga … page=35779

#8 Jun 08, 2017 7:00 am

Slice
Active

New Historian, there is other sides to Jamaica, you are not mentioning,  Jamaicans do not recognize other Caribbean islands. The only thing the rest of the Caribbean have in common with Jamaica is the Cricket team.  Jamaicans are very selfish and also very ignorant.  The rest of the Caribbean try their best to stay away from Jamaicans.

I am not saying there are not some, but most islanders join unions with other Caribbean islands,  not Jamaicans most Caribbean men, especially, will not get married, to ah Jamaicans.

The rest of the Caribbean embrace all forms of Caribbean music, not Jamaicans.  Maybe they are different in other states, but I do not have one good experience with Jamaicans in Maryland.

I dated  a few of them, but there is one that stand out especially.  GOSH! she was sexy, but bad as yars.  I have never known anyone, who was so dangerous.

I know they believe, that they are better than the rest of the Caribbean, but  lord they are backward.

Lord ah knew another one who was married to an American Medical Doctor.  She met our Grenadian Lord Slim in a party in DC, well Lord Have Mercy, every weekend Slim use to be in Baltimore.  I use to be very sorry for her husband.

Me with Jamaicans, ah fraid them as Satan fraid Holy Water.

Slim ah tink you divorce, so ah can say dat now.

Last edited by Slice (Jun 08, 2017 7:04 am)

#9 Jun 08, 2017 7:11 am

Slice
Active

Calypso wrote:

No. I am not Janus-faced on the issue. I take the side of Mr. Golden. Other cultures should not impose their standard on us. We do not want Jamaica to be another America. We don't want unhealthy clubs to pop up. Look at what Jamaica has become? It up for the grabbing and has been exploited by powerful people. Keith Mitchell said that "Jamaica is mash-up" and he is right. We have to keep a standard. We have to keep our values with is distinct from that of Europe. Orgy clubs and bath houses do not fit in our way of like. Homosexuals and lesbians  must conduct their affairs in private.

" We do not want Jamaica to be another America"  You just spoke ah bunch ah pure BULLSHEET, Jamaicans only love America.   Jamaica wants to be America, but picks and choose what part of the American culture they should embrace.  I am going to go ah bit further and say, the only part of the American culture Jamaicans stay away from is being gay.

#10 Jun 08, 2017 4:21 pm

Calypso
Active

Slice wrote:

New Historian, there is other sides to Jamaica, you are not mentioning,  Jamaicans do not recognize other Caribbean islands. The only thing the rest of the Caribbean have in common with Jamaica is the Cricket team.  Jamaicans are very selfish and also very ignorant.  The rest of the Caribbean try their best to stay away from Jamaicans.

I am not saying there are not some, but most islanders join unions with other Caribbean islands,  not Jamaicans most Caribbean men, especially, will not get married, to ah Jamaicans.

The rest of the Caribbean embrace all forms of Caribbean music, not Jamaicans.  Maybe they are different in other states, but I do not have one good experience with Jamaicans in Maryland.

I dated  a few of them, but there is one that stand out especially.  GOSH! she was sexy, but bad as yars.  I have never known anyone, who was so dangerous.

I know they believe, that they are better than the rest of the Caribbean, but  lord they are backward.

Lord ah knew another one who was married to an American Medical Doctor.  She met our Grenadian Lord Slim in a party in DC, well Lord Have Mercy, every weekend Slim use to be in Baltimore.  I use to be very sorry for her husband.

Me with Jamaicans, ah fraid them as Satan fraid Holy Water.

Look how silly you are! Why the division? Aren't we all island peoples?
Slim ah tink you divorce, so ah can say dat now.

Board footer