You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#21 Jun 26, 2017 1:12 pm

Expat

Re: SHOULD GRENADA REMEBER THE DAYS OF SLAVERY?

houston wrote:

Expat, are you saying that if there was not a for sale sign posted there would be no buyers and the shitty business would not have occurred ?

Well, as initially at least, and generally, the Europeans did not get involved in raiding parties one has to conclude that they were given the idea... no?

#22 Jun 26, 2017 1:26 pm

Expat

Calypso wrote:

You missed my argument. The Europeans have argued that they are 'superior' so they should have taught the Africans that selling each is a lucrative business but it is inhumane. Instead they went along with it because they are more beastly that the 'savages' they thought he Africans were.

You are using modern thinking, and practices to judge morals and values of the past.

Just as in China and India today where there are currently thinking that life is of little consequence, back then anyone who wasn't a Lord, Earl Baron, or what ever didn't amount to anything. So was easily dispensable.

As I did state previously the sailors were at probably greater risk than the cargo, should food run short.

Just as whilst there are nasty bastards in all walks of life today as in all those years ago, but even a Slave owner would have to be pretty stupid to brutalise the slaves beyond compelling them to work, as the brutalised slaves would then become less able to work. A lose lose situation.

Modern values are completely different (in general) to those back them.

#23 Jun 26, 2017 1:47 pm

Calypso

Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:

You missed my argument. The Europeans have argued that they are 'superior' so they should have taught the Africans that selling each is a lucrative business but it is inhumane. Instead they went along with it because they are more beastly that the 'savages' they thought he Africans were.

You are using modern thinking, and practices to judge morals and values of the past.

Just as in China and India today where there are currently thinking that life is of little consequence, back then anyone who wasn't a Lord, Earl Baron, or what ever didn't amount to anything. So was easily dispensable.

As I did state previously the sailors were at probably greater risk than the cargo, should food run short.

Just as whilst there are nasty bastards in all walks of life today as in all those years ago, but even a Slave owner would have to be pretty stupid to brutalise the slaves beyond compelling them to work, as the brutalised slaves would then become less able to work. A lose lose situation.

Don't let me take you on baby boy! Modern values are a legacy of the past. White men are still fucking greedy  people who exploit and take things from developing nations. Why do you think an organization like BLACK LIVES MATTER come into existence? It's was the residue of slavery still lives. The attitude of the white man is to still 'push the niggers into their places and get the best for our people. Get your colonial white ass of this forum!

#24 Jun 26, 2017 2:27 pm

Expat

Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:

Don't let me take you on baby boy! Modern values are a legacy of the past. White men are still fucking greedy  people who exploit and take things from developing nations. Why do you think an organization like BLACK LIVES MATTER come into existence? It's was the residue of slavery still lives. The attitude of the white man is to still 'push the niggers into their places and get the best for our people. Get your colonial white ass of this forum!

You would like to quantify all people of a race as some failing or other... now this indicates YOUR bias. Never mind your foolish get your colonial white ass remarks. Personally I virtually always add a rider that SOME people of this or that group do or did this or that, as ALL races have their failings. I would bring you to recall the stereotype that is perpetuated by Black peoples talking about themselves. Black people do not like to see other Black people prosper. It has been suggested that it is one reason why Grenada is called Greens, because so many people are jealous.

Unfortunately for you you obviously haven't prospered, so you have the green eye mentality. Whereas those who have been able to use their brains, you would call house ngrs or uncle Toms. Green eyes are only attractive when they are actually eyes, and not mentality.

You may not know Black people who are intelligent, industrious, and driven to thrive. I do, and they like most humans take advantage of opportunities, and do all the things you would call out White people for.

In short it is only those who seem to be losers that make noise like you.

The absolute origins of Black Lives Matter may well have been in reaction to what I would gladly agree seemed to be persecution mainly by police. Though I would suggest it has been hijacked by militants, plus, along the way public hysteria called for reaction to events before there was any real proof of what happened. In other words knee jerk.

In short it has become just "another" leftist group with an agenda, and much less worthy of being taken seriously. Which is a shame.

#25 Jun 26, 2017 3:57 pm

Calypso

You may not know Black people who are intelligent, industrious, and driven to thrive. I do, and they like most humans take advantage of opportunities, and do all the things you would call out White people for.

Darling heart, I don't think you know who you are talking to. On my father's side, I cannot tell you how many are industrious: land and businesses, that's their thing!  Yes white people do take advantage of opportunities at the expense of others, namely non-whites. Being intelligent and industrious and is driven to succeed is wonderful but to shackle people, rape and murder them is another. I'm going to send you a video that shows James Baldwin debating William F. Buckley on the same issue. Then let us talk some more.

#26 Jun 27, 2017 7:13 pm

Expat

I really don't give a damn as to who you are, where you live or what you do. All I am concerned with is the gibberish you are spouting. Which is pointedly obsessed with finger wagging without any attempt to look in the mirror.

#27 Jun 27, 2017 7:25 pm

Calypso

Expat wrote:

I really don't give a damn as to who you are, where you live or what you do. All I am concerned with is the gibberish you are spouting. Which is pointedly obsessed with finger wagging without any attempt to look in the mirror.

Look in the mirror for what frigging reason? You bastards should look the mirror. You have a tendency to pretend that slavery didn't happen and that it didn't set the tone for the generations to come. That's how you live with yourselves. You are totally an inhumane lot.

#28 Jun 29, 2017 12:31 pm

Expat

Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:

Look in the mirror for what frigging reason? You bastards should look the mirror. You have a tendency to pretend that slavery didn't happen and that it didn't set the tone for the generations to come. That's how you live with yourselves. You are totally an inhumane lot.

Look in the mirror because you are by your tone just as stupid as those ignorant people who exist today.... still.... that think Black people are ALL closer related to the primates than they are. Just the constant them... yourselves... etc is the clue that you are.... THEM yourself.

You are creating straw men to knock them over. Just about everybody that has any knowledge of history accepts slavery took place... They may not appreciate the true gravitas of the word, but it's existence is common knowledge.

What is also common knowledge is that throughout history from the earliest days peoples and nations have been disadvantaged by war, occupation, brutality etc etc. Some peoples harbour grudges going back centuries vis a vis the flare up in the Balkans when Tito ceased to rule Yugoslavia and the retributions started for injustices between the Serbs and the Croats a very long time previously.

But frankly considering the soon to be 200 years since it's abolition it is time to get a back bone and accept you are a loser because of your own inabilities. I say specifically you, not your more able peers.

There is no doubt that most of us stand on the shoulders of previous generations. But I for one can tell you that EVERYTHING I have earned, has been through my own abilities. Starting from as low a base as was possible within the country I was born.

The odds ARE stacked against young people in Grenada as opportunities to thrive are limited. But so much of that is due to the lack of effort put into the work place by just about everyone. People waste their own and everybody else's time slowing down the expansion of the economy. You cannot live on West Indian time and then complain nothing ever happens. Put the blame where it belongs.

#29 Jun 29, 2017 12:53 pm

Calypso

Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:

Look in the mirror because you are by your tone just as stupid as those ignorant people who exist today.... still.... that think Black people are ALL closer related to the primates than they are. Just the constant them... yourselves... etc is the clue that you are.... THEM yourself.

You are creating straw men to knock them over. Just about everybody that has any knowledge of history accepts slavery took place... They may not appreciate the true gravitas of the word, but it's existence is common knowledge.

What is also common knowledge is that throughout history from the earliest days peoples and nations have been disadvantaged by war, occupation, brutality etc etc. Some peoples harbour grudges going back centuries vis a vis the flare up in the Balkans when Tito ceased to rule Yugoslavia and the retributions started for injustices between the Serbs and the Croats a very long time previously.

But frankly considering the soon to be 200 years since it's abolition it is time to get a back bone and accept you are a loser because of your own inabilities. I say specifically you, not your more able peers.

There is no doubt that most of us stand on the shoulders of previous generations. But I for one can tell you that EVERYTHING I have earned, has been through my own abilities. Starting from as low a base as was possible within the country I was born.

The odds ARE stacked against young people in Grenada as opportunities to thrive are limited. But so much of that is due to the lack of effort put into the work place by just about everyone. People waste their own and everybody else's time slowing down the expansion of the economy. You cannot live on West Indian time and then complain nothing ever happens. Put the blame where it belongs.

I expect your answer and your logic to be that of the "rule"r not the "ruled." Even when we migrate to more advanced nations and we educate ourselves and strive to be the best, the odds are still against us. " Serve white people first and give the niggers the dregs." As a white creole living in England, do they question your whiteness because of your Caribbean accent and ways? Of course they do. Well, with we blacks, we get a double dosage; we have to fight our way through and at the same time keep our dignity.
I never use slavery as an excuse for failure but I am not going to deny the fact that white people think that they must be served first. It's all about them! You'll continue to live with denial because it shows the weak, uncaring, bastard creature that you are!

#30 Jun 29, 2017 2:36 pm

Calypso

Silkee wrote:

Expat,perhaps You mistook my chronological data. My grandmother had 6 with the 7th  gt grandson generation  of the original estate owner.  The estate began in 1815. These descending males,also impregnated their workers/ servants. The Mormon family search has the info,but babies were not named,only genders.I do know the names of some of the males a few generations back. Sorry for the confusion.

Expat doesn't care to know how his people are rapists. In his air brain, it didn't happen!

Board footer