You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#31 Jun 29, 2017 2:50 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: SHOULD GRENADA REMEBER THE DAYS OF SLAVERY?

Calypso wrote:
Silkee wrote:

Expat,perhaps You mistook my chronological data. My grandmother had 6 with the 7th  gt grandson generation  of the original estate owner.  The estate began in 1815. These descending males,also impregnated their workers/ servants. The Mormon family search has the info,but babies were not named,only genders.I do know the names of some of the males a few generations back. Sorry for the confusion.

Expat doesn't care to know how his people are rapists. In his air brain, it didn't happen!

I think you mean, were rapists?

#32 Jun 29, 2017 2:58 pm

Calypso
Active

New Historian wrote:
Calypso wrote:
Silkee wrote:

Expat,perhaps You mistook my chronological data. My grandmother had 6 with the 7th  gt grandson generation  of the original estate owner.  The estate began in 1815. These descending males,also impregnated their workers/ servants. The Mormon family search has the info,but babies were not named,only genders.I do know the names of some of the males a few generations back. Sorry for the confusion.

Expat doesn't care to know how his people are rapists. In his air brain, it didn't happen!

They might still be, you just never bloody know!

#33 Jul 02, 2017 9:47 am

Expat
Active

Calypso wrote:
Silkee wrote:

Stop creating straw men it is pointless and foolish.

EVERY race has rapist, murderers, tief, etc etc.

Can YOU not visualise the end result of tribal raids in native Africa? Do you not think those girls has sore private parts after they were taken prisoner. Your forebears were probably not only blended with the blood of White exploiters, along the way previous generations were probably or at least quite possibly inter tribal offspring.

#34 Jul 02, 2017 9:49 am

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:
Calypso wrote:
Silkee wrote:

Oh your getting picky now using past and present tense. I wasn't going to be so harsh.... wink

#35 Jul 02, 2017 10:05 am

Expat
Active

Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:

Look in the mirror for what frigging reason? You bastards should look the mirror. You have a tendency to pretend that slavery didn't happen and that it didn't set the tone for the generations to come. That's how you live with yourselves. You are totally an inhumane lot.

Look in the mirror because you are by your tone just as stupid as those ignorant people who exist today.... still.... that think Black people are ALL closer related to the primates than they are. Just the constant them... yourselves... etc is the clue that you are.... THEM yourself.

You are creating straw men to knock them over. Just about everybody that has any knowledge of history accepts slavery took place... They may not appreciate the true gravitas of the word, but it's existence is common knowledge.

What is also common knowledge is that throughout history from the earliest days peoples and nations have been disadvantaged by war, occupation, brutality etc etc. Some peoples harbour grudges going back centuries vis a vis the flare up in the Balkans when Tito ceased to rule Yugoslavia and the retributions started for injustices between the Serbs and the Croats a very long time previously.

But frankly considering the soon to be 200 years since it's abolition it is time to get a back bone and accept you are a loser because of your own inabilities. I say specifically you, not your more able peers.

There is no doubt that most of us stand on the shoulders of previous generations. But I for one can tell you that EVERYTHING I have earned, has been through my own abilities. Starting from as low a base as was possible within the country I was born.

The odds ARE stacked against young people in Grenada as opportunities to thrive are limited. But so much of that is due to the lack of effort put into the work place by just about everyone. People waste their own and everybody else's time slowing down the expansion of the economy. You cannot live on West Indian time and then complain nothing ever happens. Put the blame where it belongs.

I expect your answer and your logic to be that of the "rule"r not the "ruled." Even when we migrate to more advanced nations and we educate ourselves and strive to be the best, the odds are still against us. " Serve white people first and give the niggers the dregs." As a white creole living in England, do they question your whiteness because of your Caribbean accent and ways? Of course they do. Well, with we blacks, we get a double dosage; we have to fight our way through and at the same time keep our dignity.
I never use slavery as an excuse for failure but I am not going to deny the fact that white people think that they must be served first. It's all about them! You'll continue to live with denial because it shows the weak, uncaring, bastard creature that you are!

I return to thought processes either earlier in this thread, or in a parallel thread.

It is the losers who bitch and look for excuses, and those with back bone, and mental ability who find themselves further up the social scale having to apologise for those who through their own inabilities embarrass them .... the achievers.

We are surrounded all the time with Black and Brown people who have made it. Maybe still not in equal numbers, but considering Blacks are still a minority, pro rata it is not such a deficit. They are everywhere, Business, Politics, Science, TV, Cinema,etc etc.

20,30 years ago there wasn't such a presence, but people HAVE to infiltrate standing institutions, who are not so much biased due to colour, but due to the "old boy network", where you went to school, which friends you made when you were there... which school it was. It takes time to get over hurdles you don't even realise are there. They are often the same hurdles women have to clime.  It isn't always about race, and it isn't always intentional.

Please note I am referring to British issues, not America, I find America is an altogether different ball game.

#36 Jul 02, 2017 1:09 pm

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:

Look in the mirror because you are by your tone just as stupid as those ignorant people who exist today.... still.... that think Black people are ALL closer related to the primates than they are. Just the constant them... yourselves... etc is the clue that you are.... THEM yourself.

You are creating straw men to knock them over. Just about everybody that has any knowledge of history accepts slavery took place... They may not appreciate the true gravitas of the word, but it's existence is common knowledge.

What is also common knowledge is that throughout history from the earliest days peoples and nations have been disadvantaged by war, occupation, brutality etc etc. Some peoples harbour grudges going back centuries vis a vis the flare up in the Balkans when Tito ceased to rule Yugoslavia and the retributions started for injustices between the Serbs and the Croats a very long time previously.

But frankly considering the soon to be 200 years since it's abolition it is time to get a back bone and accept you are a loser because of your own inabilities. I say specifically you, not your more able peers.

There is no doubt that most of us stand on the shoulders of previous generations. But I for one can tell you that EVERYTHING I have earned, has been through my own abilities. Starting from as low a base as was possible within the country I was born.

The odds ARE stacked against young people in Grenada as opportunities to thrive are limited. But so much of that is due to the lack of effort put into the work place by just about everyone. People waste their own and everybody else's time slowing down the expansion of the economy. You cannot live on West Indian time and then complain nothing ever happens. Put the blame where it belongs.

I expect your answer and your logic to be that of the "rule"r not the "ruled." Even when we migrate to more advanced nations and we educate ourselves and strive to be the best, the odds are still against us. " Serve white people first and give the niggers the dregs." As a white creole living in England, do they question your whiteness because of your Caribbean accent and ways? Of course they do. Well, with we blacks, we get a double dosage; we have to fight our way through and at the same time keep our dignity.
I never use slavery as an excuse for failure but I am not going to deny the fact that white people think that they must be served first. It's all about them! You'll continue to live with denial because it shows the weak, uncaring, bastard creature that you are!

I return to thought processes either earlier in this thread, or in a parallel thread.

It is the losers who bitch and look for excuses, and those with back bone, and mental ability who find themselves further up the social scale having to apologise for those who through their own inabilities embarrass them .... the achievers.

We are surrounded all the time with Black and Brown people who have made it. Maybe still not in equal numbers, but considering Blacks are still a minority, pro rata it is not such a deficit. They are everywhere, Business, Politics, Science, TV, Cinema,etc etc.

20,30 years ago there wasn't such a presence, but people HAVE to infiltrate standing institutions, who are not so much biased due to colour, but due to the "old boy network", where you went to school, which friends you made when you were there... which school it was. It takes time to get over hurdles you don't even realise are there. They are often the same hurdles women have to clime.  It isn't always about race, and it isn't always intentional.

Please note I am referring to British issues, not America, I find America is an altogether different ball game.

Did you watch Windrush, the documentary about how Caribbean folks were treated when they migrated to England during the second world war? Did you see how the next generation fought for betterment? What would have happened if there were no racial barriers to fight against? Would there be more wealthier blacks in Britain now?

#37 Jul 02, 2017 8:38 pm

Expat
Active

Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:

Did you watch Windrush, the documentary about how Caribbean folks were treated when they migrated to England during the second world war? Did you see how the next generation fought for betterment? What would have happened if there were no racial barriers to fight against? Would there be more wealthier blacks in Britain now?

First of all I would be aware that 1948 was AFTER WW11.

To repeat myself yet again... God this is tedious....  When West Indians arrived AFTER WW11, they were introduced BY the Government to cut wage claims by the existing British subjects who were calling for fairer wage settlements.

The resistance to the immigrants was because of their financial affect, not specifically because of their colour. Simply because they were Black in a primarily White country made them easier to identify, and react to. We see plenty of ignorance all around the World. It is and was no different in England back then. What was a look at those bastards taking our work, and or Women... became look at those Black Bastards taking our Work and or Women.  Its not difficult to see how it spiralled.

Britain was in a bloody awful condition after the War,  conditions were not good for MOST people.  Life was not easy for working class people until the 60's.

Would there be more wealthy Blacks in the UK now had discrimination not been a factor?  Do you really need to ask?

#38 Jul 03, 2017 5:52 am

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:

First of all I would be aware that 1948 was AFTER WW11.

To repeat myself yet again... God this is tedious....  When West Indians arrived AFTER WW11, they were introduced BY the Government to cut wage claims by the existing British subjects who were calling for fairer wage settlements.

The resistance to the immigrants was because of their financial affect, not specifically because of their colour. Simply because they were Black in a primarily White country made them easier to identify, and react to. We see plenty of ignorance all around the World. It is and was no different in England back then. What was a look at those bastards taking our work, and or Women... became look at those Black Bastards taking our Work and or Women.  Its not difficult to see how it spiralled.

Britain was in a bloody awful condition after the War,  conditions were not good for MOST people.  Life was not easy for working class people until the 60's.

Would there be more wealthy Blacks in the UK now had discrimination not been a factor?  Do you really need to ask?

You ignorant bastard!!!! It was both. First they were sent there to help out because of the war. Then racism took and an
ugly turn for the worst.  When those Britons colonized the islands using slave labor as a way to obtained wealth, didn't they see the depravity in the lives of the blacks. This goes back to the big ideas of my discussion. Whites do not like to share wealth. They believe that their white skin entitles them some certain privileges. We see how five million whites in South Africa kept the majority of Africans in abject poverty. The stronger blacks who emerged as leaders had to fight for and lead their people into freedom. YOU ARE IN DENIAL! Racial attitudes stagnates nations.

#39 Jul 08, 2017 9:36 pm

What's the source of the anger here? That tourists saw it?

#40 Jul 08, 2017 9:45 pm

Calypso
Active

0831666 wrote:

What's the source of the anger here? That tourists saw it?

The source of anger is that they chose to reenact an inhumane period in African period so that people (children
and others) could relive the past. Idiots!

Board footer