You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#41 Jul 08, 2017 9:53 pm

Re: SHOULD GRENADA REMEBER THE DAYS OF SLAVERY?

Calypso wrote:
0831666 wrote:

What's the source of the anger here? That tourists saw it?

The source of anger is that they chose to reenact an inhumane period in African period so that people (children
and others) could relive the past. Idiots!

I don't see what's wrong with remembering the past. History is important. If it was mandatory that the students took part then that wasn't the best way to go about it. Only volunteers should have been chosen.

#42 Jul 09, 2017 5:05 am

Calypso

0831666 wrote:
Calypso wrote:
0831666 wrote:

The source of anger is that they chose to reenact an inhumane period in African period so that people (children

I don't see what's wrong with remembering the past. History is important. If it was mandatory that the students took part then that wasn't the best way to go about it. Only volunteers should have been chosen.

Somethings are left to the imagination. You go and reenact scenes from the Holocaust. You could recapture Jews being sent to the gas chamber, or better yet,   women being raped by those Nazi officers. An asshole like you could even recapture thousands of boney bodies being burnt in a pile. Your debate has no merit.

#43 Jul 09, 2017 9:36 am

Expat

Calypso wrote:
0831666 wrote:

Funny how WE actually agree on that issue. I think it is demeaning, and unnecessary. Where we would conflict yet again, is that it is just as likely to instil the level of rage you seem to have in yet another increasingly removed group of individuals who will somehow "identify" and be angry at everyone else for their own individual failings.

I am pretty sure "tourists" will find it tacky, and uncomfortable.

There is no issue in my mind on cleaning up places like the slave pen, having a narrator and images to view, but to have half naked folks cowering in chains is.... just wrong.

#44 Jul 09, 2017 1:36 pm

Calypso wrote:
0831666 wrote:
Calypso wrote:

Somethings are left to the imagination. You go and reenact scenes from the Holocaust. You could recapture Jews being sent to the gas chamber, or better yet,   women being raped by those Nazi officers. An asshole like you could even recapture thousands of boney bodies being burnt in a pile. Your debate has no merit.

I prefer to deal with facts and not the imagination. In my opinion it is your emotional debate which holds no merit.

#45 Jul 10, 2017 11:36 am

New Historian

#46 Jul 10, 2017 4:41 pm

Calypso

New Historian wrote:

History has written what the days of slavery were like. WE DON'T HAVE TO REENACT THEM!!

Board footer