You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Jun 26, 2017 4:02 pm

Calypso
Active

DID WHITE AMERICA OBTAINED THEIR DREAM AT THE EXPENSE OF NEGROES?

#2 Jun 27, 2017 7:10 am

Dancer
Active

Re: DID WHITE AMERICA OBTAINED THEIR DREAM AT THE EXPENSE OF NEGROES?

Calypso , how about  some of ' today's'  thinking on white America and the negro . Gotta leave the sixties  JA.
Let's get some thoughts garnered from all of those ('History' books you read)
Where is the action plan ?

#3 Jun 27, 2017 7:59 am

Slice
Active

So, what are  African-America doing to help themselves?  Yes a terrible injustice was done, but I think it is time black folks take the bulls by the horn and do something for themselves.

On Saturday while doing my Weekly Grocery shopping, there was this couple ahead of me with five children, none older than 10.  The couple look very healthy and young.  I would say no more than 30 years old.  When it was time to pay, they pulled out the Welfare card and paid.  That irate the SHEET outa me.

How can Young Blackman not take on any responsibility?  What role are Young black men paying in their communities?

If you are disabled and can't work, then you owe it to your wife or Girlfriend to be responsible.  It is either you have sex responsibility or have her on Birth control.  You can sit home all day and make love and expect me to pay the bill.  Ah just doh like that.

The African-American family is ah real danger, and if their leaders do not take control of the situation, it will be three hundred years, before they start making any kind of progress.

Seventy to 80% of Black marriage ends in divorce.  Something is seriously wrong here and something must be done.

Now ah know that there are more white folks on Welfare, but that is not my issue.  My issues is we are always looking for Handout, and always somebody owe us something.

Me wife always remind that,  the Trinidad Indians were in worst shape, and they got themselves together and now they are the Power players in Trinidad.

When will African-American take control of their situations and stop begging?

#4 Jun 27, 2017 8:13 am

Calypso
Active

Slice wrote:

So, what are  African-America doing to help themselves?  Yes a terrible injustice was done, but I think it is time black folks take the bulls by the horn and do something for themselves.

On Saturday while doing my Weekly Grocery shopping, there was this couple ahead of me with five children, none older than 10.  The couple look very healthy and young.  I would say no more than 30 years old.  When it was time to pay, they pulled out the Welfare card and paid.  That irate the SHEET outa me.

How can Young Blackman not take on any responsibility?  What role are Young black men paying in their communities?

If you are disabled and can't work, then you owe it to your wife or Girlfriend to be responsible.  It is either you have sex responsibility or have her on Birth control.  You can sit home all day and make love and expect me to pay the bill.  Ah just doh like that.

The African-American family is ah real danger, and if their leaders do not take control of the situation, it will be three hundred years, before they start making any kind of progress.

Seventy to 80% of Black marriage ends in divorce.  Something is seriously wrong here and something must be done.

Now ah know that there are more white folks on Welfare, but that is not my issue.  My issues is we are always looking for Handout, and always somebody owe us something.

Me wife always remind that,  the Trinidad Indians were in worst shape, and they got themselves together and now they are the Power players in Trinidad.

When will African-American take control of their situations and stop begging?

We have a tendency to see the effect and not the cause. It was slavery that caused their stagnation, it was the discrimination that they encountered after slavery. That is what Baldwin pointed out in the video. So many tried to advanced themselves but did not get a chance to do so. Only the strongest id survive. Ignorance is another thing among them. Many do not try to change their perspective of things. I don't judge them. They could do a lot better but I know discrimination is the foremost cause for their stagnation.

#5 Jun 27, 2017 9:10 am

Slice
Active

Slavery has been abolished hundred of years ago. Africans are not even at ah Crossroads, their journey to success, has not even started.  Do you understand how the Caribbean sees Africans-Americans?

I told you ah took me child to Grenada, and many Grenadians could not believe he was Americans.  They said he can't be American, he is just too well behaved.

Slavery was brutal, but I owe it for my being.

Kaiso, you could be an Ostrich and stick your hand in the sand, but there is reality, and it has caught up with the African-American family.

There is some great news, more Africans-Americans are having meals together and that is ah start.  Ah doh know way that study came from, but I ent seeing the meal thing one bit.  I do not know one African-American family to have at least one mea a dayl as ah family.

One of my boss is so damn jealous of me, he keep telling me, your wife and mine needs to sit down and have ah talk. Once in ah blue moon ah spend money for lunch.  I always bring my lunch.

My wife buys  me everything , down to me underwear.  If ah doh have her I am like ah lost soul.  She understand the importance of family.

Kaiso, my situation, might be unique, because some of us Caribbean folks are also like Americans. 

If something happen to me wife, I will never ever married again, because ah know lightening doh strike twice.  Yep I am ah spoil son of  ah gun.

Last edited by Slice (Jun 27, 2017 10:52 am)

#6 Jun 27, 2017 10:47 am

Silkee
Active

LOL....Slice you are a trip!

#7 Jun 27, 2017 7:33 pm

Calypso
Active

If something happen to me wife, I will never ever married again, because ah know lightening doh strike twice.  Yep I am ah spoil son of  ah gun.

Knowing you, you'll just screw around until your scrotum becomes inflamed and pop! You Caribbean men get the best women and don't know what you have.

Board footer