You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Jun 29, 2017 11:37 am

Expat
Active

Finally getting out of this bloody miserable small Island

And going back to Grenada   YAYYYYY

That other small island Britain is swishing round the toilet bowl. The place is shabby and falling to bits.

OK, this is talking about urban areas, and probably rural Britain is not so bad. Throw in crap weather barring a couple of days of heatwave, and allu expats who can't drag yourself away from the place seriously need your heads examining.

Friday afternoon local time cannot come quick enough.

#2 Jun 29, 2017 11:47 am

Expat
Active

Re: Finally getting out of this bloody miserable small Island

Birthplace, not homeland.

I am not by nature hypocritical.

Unlike many especially on this forum over the years, I accept Britain has had, and still has faults. Whereas many Grenadians only want to hear how wonderful Grenada is, and get very upset when someone who doesn't wear rose coloured glasses comments on its failings.... Which like everywhere it also has.

#3 Jun 29, 2017 12:19 pm

Slice
Active

In making the decision to spend more time in Grenada was very difficult.  I hate 90% of life in Grenada.

I hate when I spending my monies Most Grenadians think  I am working for them.  They got to know it is the other way around.

I  do not like the medical situation.

I also hate visiting the Market square, and having to pay twice as much as locals

I hate everyone you make an appointment with to do something in your house, are always five hours late.

I hate gas is $15.00 ah gallon.

I hate the way directions are given.

I hate the amount of old vehicles that all over the place.  In some case for years, blocking some sections of the narrow streets.

What I love
The weather and almost crime free.

#4 Jun 29, 2017 2:20 pm

New Historian
Active

Where do you live Slice? Living in Grenada isn't for everyone, especially if you're the kind of person who's always in a rush, demands excellent service, and object to paying high prices. Hey, you gotta have some downsides, for living in "paradise" lol!

#5 Jun 30, 2017 6:44 am

Silkee
Active

Eh eh! Slice.....you disrespecting your country,according to Gripe. No criticism allowed. According to Garden of Eaten,you are being monitored.So watch yourself bwoy!

#6 Jun 30, 2017 7:33 am

Slice
Active

New Historian wrote:

Where do you live Slice? Living in Grenada isn't for everyone, especially if you're the kind of person who's always in a rush, demands excellent service, and object to paying high prices. Hey, you gotta have some downsides, for living in "paradise" lol!

Hist, asked where do you live Slice? for now I am still in Baltimore.  In a few months I will be in Morne Delice for ah long while.

My favorite place to hang out in Grenada is still the place of my Birth, Windsor Forest.  If I ent in Morne Delice I am in Windsor Forest.

Lord as luck would have it, not too far from my house, is one of me Ole woman. Not me ah staying away from her. She man is ah real nut. I ent want to dead yet.

#7 Jun 30, 2017 7:40 am

Slice
Active

Silkee wrote:

Eh eh! Slice.....you disrespecting your country,according to Gripe. No criticism allowed. According to Garden of Eaten,you are being monitored.So watch yourself bwoy!

Silkee, even at this stage, ah does still wonder did I make the right decision.  Woman ah love Grenada bad, bad, bad, but I kinda spoil in me ways and I ent sure if I can handle the Grenadian way.

I spoke to a PADNAH ah knew from way back, he has now moved back  to Grenada from Canada. I asked how was the adjustment? His answer was I came to Grenada every six months for the last 30 years, so the adjustment was very easy for me.

Talk about having ah easy life, The man is enjoying life. I am jealous.

Board footer