You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Jun 29, 2017 1:13 pm

Calypso
Active

LISTEN EXPAT TO THE RHETORIC OF ENOCH POWELL!

The Windrush generation of Caribbean immigrants struggled hard to survive in the '40s. they did the jobs that the whites did not want to do, namely, cleaning toilets, washing dishes, (you name it) Their children went on to experience horrific discrimination in the school system and in the workplace. Some triumphed over this experience. Notice when the course of history changed to disinherit the white man how he behaves. England, under Queen Victoria owned a large fraction of the earth. They plundered the wealth from the dark-skinned people. When those immigrants went to England seeking better opportunities they became a threat to the English. They now were at the end of the stick; there would be more mouths to feed and more burden to bear. They wanted to do all the taking without giving. That is your attitude, Expat!

#2 Jun 29, 2017 2:03 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: LISTEN EXPAT TO THE RHETORIC OF ENOCH POWELL!

I was a boy in England at the time of his infamous "rivers of blood" speech, and trust me, we in the immigrant community felt it.

But, times change, attitudes change, we move on...

#3 Jun 29, 2017 2:40 pm

Calypso
Active

New Historian wrote:

I was a boy in England at the time of his infamous "rivers of blood" speech, and trust me, we in the immigrant community felt it.

But, times change, attitudes change, we move on...

We all had to move on but their racial attitudes stagnated our progress that is what I want Expat to admit.

#4 Jun 29, 2017 2:48 pm

New Historian
Active

Didn't stagnate my progress, just made me more determined to show those bastards. Dem cyaan hol' I dong!

#5 Jun 29, 2017 2:57 pm

Calypso
Active

New Historian wrote:

Didn't stagnate my progress, just made me more determined to show those bastards. Dem cyaan hol' I dong!

Yes, I know the attitude. When they slam a door in your face, the almighty open up another one. I have been there!

#6 Jun 29, 2017 3:05 pm

New Historian
Active

Almighty never opened any door - I did.

#7 Jun 29, 2017 3:09 pm

Calypso
Active

New Historian wrote:

Almighty never opened any door - I did.

He did, you don't even have to pray.

#8 Jun 29, 2017 3:44 pm

New Historian
Active

So if "he" opened the door, that meant that "he" closed it as well? Getting off-topic here but

#9 Jun 29, 2017 3:54 pm

Calypso
Active

New Historian wrote:

So if "he" opened the door, that meant that "he" closed it as well? Getting off-topic here but

He never closes door put permits humans to do so. He uses humans too to open them if you  persist!

#10 Jun 29, 2017 4:16 pm

New Historian
Active

Seems to me like you god-botherers always want to give "her" the credit for when things go well, but not for when they go pear-shaped lol.

Board footer