You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Jul 04, 2017 12:39 pm

Real Distwalker

I absolutely love England and all things English...

...But one day a year, well....

#2 Jul 04, 2017 12:46 pm

Calypso

Re: I absolutely love England and all things English...

Real Distwalker wrote:

...But one day a year, well....

July 4th 1775 is when you Americans took your country from those arrogant English bastards! When we blacks, tried to gain freedom from you, you held us down. Isn't life ironic. Whites have the right to rule their own destiny; blacks were only created to be ruled by whites! Ain't that a shit!  BEING FREE FEELS GOOD, DOESN'T IT?

#3 Jul 04, 2017 2:24 pm

Real Distwalker

I guess this is the English response...

19642587_10211873647409079_2909864343581337257_n.jpg?oh=d2197e07e9becb5162d957b88a4be515&oe=59C41339

#4 Jul 04, 2017 2:33 pm

Real Distwalker

Calypso wrote:

When we blacks, tried to gain freedom from you, you held us down.

I did no such thing. sad

#5 Jul 04, 2017 3:11 pm

Calypso

Real Distwalker wrote:
Calypso wrote:

When we blacks, tried to gain freedom from you, you held us down.

I did no such thing. sad

How could we be ingrates? You colonized us. You used our sweat to build your nation while you extracted the wealth and kept it for yourselves. We started secret underground movements and insurrections  but you crushed us with your big armies. Does this scenario  seem familiar? What the British did to you, you in returned did to the blacks! Freedom is what life is about.

#6 Jul 04, 2017 4:12 pm

Real Distwalker

Nonsense. I have never colonized you or anyone in my life.

#7 Jul 04, 2017 4:29 pm

New Historian

Real Distwalker wrote:

Have you heard of the concept of collective responsibility, or collective guilt? Germans today are not "responsible" for the acts of their fathers, but they are still paying the price of their parents' guilt. Isn't it the same thing in microcosm? Don't the debts of the parents pass down to their children? Sorry, it isn't enough to blithely say "I wasn't there". Like the current generation of white South Africans, they benefited from apartheid, therefore they must pay for its sins.

#8 Jul 04, 2017 5:24 pm

Calypso

New Historian wrote:
Real Distwalker wrote:

Have you heard of the concept of collective responsibility, or collective guilt? Germans today are not "responsible" for the acts of their fathers, but they are still paying the price of their parents' guilt. Isn't it the same thing in microcosm? Don't the debts of the parents pass down to their children? Sorry, it isn't enough to blithely say "I wasn't there". Like the current generation of white South Africans, they benefited from apartheid, therefore they must pay for its sins.

White people have no guilt. They suffer from white supremacy. They feel that their white skin is better, therefore, they should have all the resources of the land. They must  serve their wants and needs firs,t and if there is any left over, the darker race could have it. If the blacks race put up a fight, they think are acting uppity. Bullshit! Share the resources of the land.

#9 Jul 04, 2017 5:29 pm

Calypso

New Historian wrote:
Real Distwalker wrote:

No more entitlement for whites.

#10 Jul 04, 2017 10:57 pm

Real Distwalker

New Historian wrote:

Have you heard of the concept of collective responsibility, or collective guilt?

I had no more to do with it than you did.  In fact, I bet in your mixed up ancestry you will find slave owners. 

My ancestors were Czechs and Slovaks and they came to America after slavery ended.  How in the hell do I have some kind of 'collective guilt' for something my ancestors had nothing to do with?  How are you free of it when you very likely have slave owning ancestors?

The answer is that neither of us are guilty of anything that happened decades or centuries before we were born.   

Seriously, the idea that I am guilty of something that I didn't do and even my ancestors didn't do is absurd.

Board footer