You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Jul 09, 2017 6:49 pm

gripe
Active

Bob Marley & Mafia Security in New York?

I would like to see reactions to the story. Here is the link for the story:  http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen … -1.3311553

#2 Jul 09, 2017 7:11 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Bob Marley & Mafia Security in New York?

Considering that he had come within an inch of being murdered by some people connected to the highest levels of Jamaica, who also had criminal connections in New York, I would say that was a sensible precaution.

#3 Jul 09, 2017 8:54 pm

gripe
Active

By "sensible" do you mean that security was needed? Or, do you mean that security from the mob was "sensible"? I see the former but would not condone the latter as the source.

#4 Jul 09, 2017 9:44 pm

Expat
Active

gripe wrote:

By "sensible" do you mean that security was needed? Or, do you mean that security from the mob was "sensible"? I see the former but would not condone the latter as the source.

I think considering the state of play a regular college boy security guard would have been inadequate. Fight fire with fire?

#5 Jul 09, 2017 9:47 pm

New Historian
Active

gripe wrote:

I mean both. Marley was tied up with some very bad characters, linked to the highest echelons of Jamaican politics. Who better to protect him than the Mafia?

Board footer