You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Jul 12, 2017 11:00 pm

Expat
Active

Sad news and stupidity

I heard today that a person was killed around a week ago by an air rifle (bird gun).

Apparently the rifle had been used for despatching chickens, and the owner and pal were busy cleaning the fowl when a woman comes out of the house and picks up the rifle.

She is told put it down, it is loaded, but if you must fire it point it at the drain and shoot.

The story goes, she said no its not, turned it on the person and promptly shot them in the neck.

OK you can say the rifle should have had the last pellet fired so as to leave it safe, but from experience depending on the rifle you can decock it and still leave the pellet in the breech, and maybe they intended to do that.

bUT IF YOU ARE TOLD PLAIN OUT PUT IT DOWN IT IS LOADED.... WHAT ADDLE BRAINED IDIOT WOULD YOU HAVE TO BE TO THINK YOU KNOW BETTER THAN THE OWNER? (caps error)

Offline

#2 Jul 12, 2017 11:05 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Sad news and stupidity

Actually the caps lock was a Freudian slip: very appropriate. She shot both of them? She's one rung up the Darwin Ladder than the ignorama who shot her boyfriend behind the book, with the cannon.

Offline

#3 Jul 12, 2017 11:19 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Sad news and stupidity

New Historian wrote:

Actually the caps lock was a Freudian slip: very appropriate. She shot both of them? She's one rung up the Darwin Ladder than the ignorama who shot her boyfriend behind the book, with the cannon.


Nah the caps was genuine, but I have noticed on several occasions, I might have been inclined to capitalise but wouldn't, but the caps lock has done the work for me.

I believe from the dey say that she shot just the one. As a neck shot even though at close range I would imagine it caught the carrotted. I could see spine damage, or bleed out, but I would doubt a pellet would make it into a second personl et alone kill them.

Offline

#4 Jul 13, 2017 12:39 am

gripe
Active

Re: Sad news and stupidity

Expat, you may want to replace "carrotted" with CAROTID. But, I understand: a deadly shot at a critical artery.

Offline

#5 Jul 13, 2017 8:56 am

Expat
Active

Re: Sad news and stupidity

gripe wrote:

Expat, you may want to replace "carrotted" with CAROTID. But, I understand: a deadly shot at a critical artery.


Spelling is absolutely bottom of my list of abilities. If the spell checker doh catch it then it gets through. But you knew what I meant.

Offline

#6 Jul 14, 2017 8:34 pm

Vanni
Active

Re: Sad news and stupidity

What a collection of absurdity involving guns-n-deaths lately!

Mere stupidity? The equation doesn't work for me:

if there was the slightest suspicion that the weapon was loaded, then the person should have instinctively avoided everything that followed.

At least, at least pull the trigger in a direction where no one can get hurt, just in case the warning may be true. There's something foul here.

Last edited by Vanni (Jul 14, 2017 8:35 pm)

Offline

#7 Jul 15, 2017 1:46 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Sad news and stupidity

Vanni wrote:

What a collection of absurdity involving guns-n-deaths lately!

Mere stupidity? The equation doesn't work for me:

if there was the slightest suspicion that the weapon was loaded, then the person should have instinctively avoided everything that followed.

At least, at least pull the trigger in a direction where no one can get hurt, just in case the warning may be true. There's something foul here.


That was the point. The stupid person was told it was loaded and unsafe.... so if they really wanted to try it... point it in the drain ( a safe direction) the stupid person chose to be more clever than the person who it belonged to and ignored their warning.

There are some people who think they know it all... and that their opinions are of greater importance than anyone else's. Regardless of the facts or warnings supplied. I do not think their was anything suspicious, other than the shooter had survived that long without doing a Darwin on themselves.

Offline

#8 Jul 16, 2017 6:38 pm

Vanni
Active

Re: Sad news and stupidity

What I'm meaning is that, the way things are being related, it points toward something going on at the subconscious level of the person. It's not plain stupidity, I'm afraid. Cause even halfwits may have had the right instinct and point it against ... well their own feet if at all.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB