You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#11 Jul 22, 2017 7:43 pm

Vanni
Active

Re: Back home....

Now that's news! For a short while, we were on the same territory you and I RD? How did you enjoy?

#12 Jul 22, 2017 9:46 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I enjoyed Switzerland quite a lot.  I stayed in Fribourg.

#13 Jul 23, 2017 7:38 am

Vanni
Active

Happy you had a good time RD. Fribourg is next town from where I live - in the neighbourhood of Bern. And in Switzerland, when I compare with Los Angeles where I spent 6 weeks some time ago, this was a distance within the same town. Should you want anything from here, you know where to find me?

#14 Jul 23, 2017 7:53 am

Real Distwalker
Active

I was in Bern for a day.  Here is a photo I took.

RGS10760.jpg

I also visited Murten.

RGS10665.jpg

My brother-in-law was born and raised in Dompierre and went to high school and university in Fribourg.

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Jul 23, 2017 8:06 am)

#15 Jul 23, 2017 9:06 am

Vanni
Active

Oh, so you have a family member with ties to Switzerland. Murten/Morat is very nice! And good photo from a place where you can see the "Altstadt" or old town of medieval times of Bern, within the river Aare loop, which takes the turn at the far end of the photo, where Bern got initially built.

#16 Jul 23, 2017 3:30 pm

Expat
Active

IMG_0236.jpg

I guess his image has been photo'd many many times.

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

Last edited by Expat (Jul 23, 2017 3:58 pm)

#17 Jul 24, 2017 2:56 pm

houston
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Private John Steele?  Of course.  As a former member of the 82nd Airborne, Sainte-Mère-Église is like a pilgrimage!

https://s18.postimg.org/ihonne2zp/RGS11260.jpg

Kind of eerie but a sure reminder of what young people did during those years.
Can't imagine jumping from a plane in the dark and dropping through the clouds into who knows what?
That boy would have quickly from loss of circulation before landing on the battlefield he went to fight in.

#18 Jul 24, 2017 3:22 pm

houston
Active

#19 Jul 25, 2017 4:28 pm

houston
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

It rained just a bit while we were there and was overcast.  Still pretty.   I will post photos in a bit.

Some more photos of your trip would be interesting to see, thanks.

#20 Jul 27, 2017 11:15 am

Expat
Active

houston wrote:

Atheism has not as yet caused my shutter release finger not to work. Nor my mind not to appreciate poignancy, or beauty.

Board footer