You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#11 Aug 06, 2017 9:00 am

Slice
Active

Re: LBGT Military acceptance.

But wait, allyu agree, that Trans are mentally ill?  Ah doh get it.  Don't you tink they are born that way?  With that kinda reasoning, it is safe to say, that all you also doh feel good about women in the Arm services.

.

Ah kinda fraid the trans thing ah really doh know how to think about them.

Offline

#12 Aug 06, 2017 9:59 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: LBGT Military acceptance.

It doesn't matter.  If you are a man who thinks you are a woman you are mentally confused whether you were born that way or not.  I feel sorry for them.  It is a hell of an affliction.  They have suicide rates many times that of the larger population.  It is terrible to have your physical and mental genders reversed.  It isn't what nature intended.

It is different than being gay.  We all have our preferences.  I, for example, like curvy, busty blondes with brown eyes.  We all know what we like.  I suppose gays just take it a step further and dig people of their own sex.  A gay man still knows he is a man, however.

Question: Why is it politically correct to support changing their physical gender but any attempt to use science to change their mental gender is considered a terrible crime?

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Aug 06, 2017 10:01 am)

Online

#13 Aug 06, 2017 7:23 pm

Expat
Active

Re: LBGT Military acceptance.

Real Distwalker wrote:

I disagree.  They are mentally ill.  If you are a man and you think you are Napoleon, a lamppost, a giraffe or a woman you are unfit for military service because you have mental issues that need to be resolved.


We, not unusually will agree to disagree. Your analogy is too simplistic.

It is not nearly as simple as Man likes Man or Woman likes Woman, or Man wants to be Woman or vice versa. Something made them feel that need. As far as I am aware just like the brain in the wrong body, it was a cross connection caused by miss wiring, defective genome, or chemical variations during pregnancy.

Both issues are a mistake. However while it may be considered a mental issue.... all 3 variants as far as I am concerned.... neither variant in any way affects the person pressing the trigger for an atomic bomb. Nor are any of those issues in any way related to insanity, as you seem to imply.

Offline

#14 Aug 06, 2017 7:43 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: LBGT Military acceptance.

Expat wrote:

Nor are any of those issues in any way related to insanity, as you seem to imply.

Except that the suicide rate for transgendered people is much higher than that of the general population.


https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5178031/

Online

#15 Aug 07, 2017 6:27 am

Slice
Active

Re: LBGT Military acceptance.

Doh know ah ting about trans, so you see me ah keeping me distance.  Now you saying they are different from gays, no wonder ah confuse.

Offline

#16 Aug 07, 2017 11:19 am

Expat
Active

Re: LBGT Military acceptance.

Real Distwalker wrote:
Expat wrote:

Nor are any of those issues in any way related to insanity, as you seem to imply.

Except that the suicide rate for transgendered people is much higher than that of the general population.


https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5178031/

Why are you passing me cases of Ammunition?

Your own link says:-


The suicide attempt rate among transgender persons ranges from 32% to 50% across the countries. Gender-based victimization, discrimination, bullying, violence, being rejected by the family, friends, and community; harassment by intimate partner, family members, police and public; discrimination and ill treatment at health-care system are the major risk factors that influence the suicidal behavior among transgender persons.


With all that lot going on, plus you have to stand up and lean against a wall when you want to sit down, it's not wonder they are depressed.


But the thrust of our conversation was why should they not join the forces, and my comment was ..... if they had the surgery, they wouldn't have an issue, other than other peoples reaction to them. In their mind there problems would have been solved.

Offline

#17 Aug 07, 2017 12:41 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: LBGT Military acceptance.

Again, the military can reject candidates for most any reason including something as trivial misplaced tattoos.  They can deny service to people below and above certain height and weight standards.   With that in mind, I see no reason why gender dysphoria should be off the list of acceptable reasons for the military to reject a candidate.

Online

#18 Aug 07, 2017 9:24 pm

Expat
Active

Re: LBGT Military acceptance.

Real Distwalker wrote:

Again, the military can reject candidates for most any reason including something as trivial misplaced tattoos.  They can deny service to people below and above certain height and weight standards.   With that in mind, I see no reason why gender dysphoria should be off the list of acceptable reasons for the military to reject a candidate.

You have every right to your opinion, and I have every right to disagree.  Init... wink

Especially with todays frenzy with tattoo's I can see where a spiders web up the neck might look out of place.

Likewise being too fat, or under weight both have potential coping problems.  I don't know about too tall, but too short could mean you literally couldn't pull your weight  smile

Offline

#19 Aug 07, 2017 10:18 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: LBGT Military acceptance.

Expat wrote:

both have potential coping problems.

As if gender dysphoric folks don't have coping problems....

Online

#20 Aug 08, 2017 6:17 pm

Expat
Active

Re: LBGT Military acceptance.

They Fattys etc. have coping problems with the duties they might be asked to do. eg. climbing high walls, or hand walking on an assault course. The problems TG's have to cope with do not of themselves impair their ability to serve. Complete an assault course or follow orders any more or less than any straight unconfused heterosexual.

Women can and do take front line positions in several armies, So women wanting to be men will not be especially disadvantaged, men wanting to be women will already probably have a physique which would get them through service life. Just they will no longer shave their face, but may start shaving their legs.   wink

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB