You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Aug 10, 2017 8:12 am

Real Distwalker
Active

The Norks have Nukes because of the Grenada Invasion

So says the Washington Post.

Washington Post wrote:

Kim Il Sung knew that just as Grenada’s military could not match the powerful United States military in battle, neither could his military stop a U.S. invasion. He knew that he needed a far greater deterrent to keep the Americans at bay and protect his regime. Thus, three years after the U.S. invasion of Grenada, the North Korean leadership established a Ministry of Atomic Energy Industry, which formally declared Kim Il Sung’s intention to develop a nuclear weapons program.

The North Korean media still regularly refers to the “illegal” invasion of Grenada as evidence of Washington’s ambitions to dominate the world. This event, and others like it, influence how North Korea negotiates with the United States.

North Korea will never abandon its nuclear weapons program, because it believes that without it, nothing would deter an American invasion aimed at regime change. North Korea will not even establish a dialogue with the United States if the Trump administration insists on Kim Jong Un dropping his nuclear weapons program.

If only the Revo had nuclear weapons, the RMC will still be running things in St. George's.

Read it all.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mad … 44285d5f68

#2 Aug 10, 2017 10:00 am

Slice
Active

Re: The Norks have Nukes because of the Grenada Invasion

Now it is the Washington Post, and I should not ask questions about that story, but it have me shaking me head.  How can little Grenada, have anything to do with NK and America?

I have never heard of any assistance from NK to the Grenadian revolution. If I remember correctly not ah thing was done on the stadium under the Bishop regime.

As a solider in the early stages of the PRG, not once did I hear from the PRG about any help from the North Koreans.  I heard Russia, Nicaragua and Cuba.

In me early days as a revo person I did believe in the None Align movement or what the hell it was.  I do not even think Nk was in that movement.

Honestly ah think that story is ah bunch ah BULLSHEET.  That Trump like in North Korea, was not even born yet during the Grenada Revolution, and the American invasion that Nut case was not even born.

Excuse me but ah must question, if that story has any legs, ah really doh think so

#3 Aug 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

AGREEMENT

between the People’s Revolutionary Government of Grenada and the Government of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea on the free offer of military assistance to the People’s Revolutionary Government of Grenada by the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.

For the purposes of further cementing and developing the friendship and solidarity between the peoples and armies of the two countries established in the common struggle to oppose against imperialism, consolidate the national sovereignty and safeguard independence, and strengthening the national defence power of Grenada, the People’s Revolutionary Government of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea have agreed as follows;

Article 1

The Government of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea shall give, in 1983-1984, the free military assistance subject to weapons and ammunitions covering US $12,000,000 indicated in Annex to this Agreement.

Article 2

The Grenadian side shall be responsible for the transport of weapons and ammunitions to be rendered to the People’s Revolutionary Government of Grenada by the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.

Article 3

Both sides shall strictly keep the secrecy of the military assistance to be executed according to this Agreement and have an obligation not to hand over any matters of this Agreement to the third country.

Article 4

This Agreement shall come into force on the day of its signing.

This Agreement has been prepared in duplicate in the Korean and English languages and signed in Pyongyang on April 14, 1983, two original equally authentic.

By the authority of the
People’s Revolutionary
Government of Grenada.
[signature]

By the authority of the
Government of the
Democratic People’s
Republic of Korea.
[ signature]

ANNEX

of Agreement on the free offer of military assistance to the People’s Revolutionary Government of Grenada by the Democ ratic People’s Republic of Korea.

Hand flares………………………………….200 pcs
Ammunition for hand flares…………………..4,000 rds
7.62mm automatic rifle……………………..1,000 pcs
7.62mm light machine gun………………………50 pcs
Ammunition for 7.62mm auto. rifle…………. 860,000 rds
7.62mm blanks ……………………………500,000 rds
7.62mm heavy machine gun ………………………50 pcs
Ammunition for heavy machine gun ……………60,000 rds
RPG-7 launcher ……………………………….50 pcs
RPG-7 ………………………………………500 rds
Hand grenade ………………………………..200 rds
Instruction hand grenade ………………………20 rds
Binoculars (8x) ………………………………50 pcs
Anti-gas masks …………………………….1,000 pcs
Sirens ………………………………………50 pcs
Tactical drawing instruments ……………………15 sets
Coast guard …………………………………..2 boats
Uniforms ………………………………….6,000 suits
Knapsacks …………………………………6,000 pcs
Camouflage nets……………………………….50 pcs
Ultrashort waves wireless set
( = 5) ……………………………………….5 pcs
Ultrashort waves wireless set
( = 4) ……………………………………….5 pcs

#4 Aug 11, 2017 5:08 pm

Antiquarian

Thanks for posting this! I had not heard of the N. Korea connection either. Unfortunately, this is just one more reporter that sees the Invasion as pure American aggression.

#5 Aug 12, 2017 9:31 am

Slice
Active

I also never ever heard of NK involvement the Revo.

#6 Aug 12, 2017 10:46 am

piratejenny

Remember that Austin and Cherubin visited the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea and they were treated royally.

Board footer