You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Aug 11, 2017 6:45 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Anyone up for some nation building?

Trump: 'I'm not going to rule out a military option' in Venezuela

President Donald Trump on Friday said he would not rule out a "military option" in Venezuela.

"We have many options for Venezuela, including a possible military option, if necessary," Trump said told reporters at his New Jersey golf club on Friday.

The president did not answer whether American troops would lead that potential operation.

"We don't talk about it. But a military operation, a military option, is certainly something we could pursue," he responded.

Well.  I am old enough to remember when people said part of Trump's appeal was that he was going to turn inward, stop the endless wars and only use the US Military defensively.

How, exactly, is Venezuela a threat to the United States? The answer is that it isn't.  This would be nation building at its worst.

I have said it before: The man has no guiding political philosophy or ethos.   He has no coherent worldview.  He is just whimsically making it up as he goes along.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/11/trump-o … ption.html

#2 Aug 11, 2017 10:32 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Anyone up for some nation building?

Yu'all had so many better candidates.... even Republican ones... and yet.

#3 Aug 11, 2017 10:36 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Expat wrote:

Yu'all had so many better candidates.... even Republican ones... and yet.

We got us a serious case of kulturkampf going on in the US.   In fact, there is a lot of populist vs the elitists angst in Europe too.  This too shall pass... I hope.

#4 Aug 11, 2017 10:45 pm

gripe
Active

RD, his actions and whatever thinking he is allowing himself, suggest that he is not even good at a game of Checkers much less the more cerebral, Chess! How, then, is victory for him possible?

Last edited by gripe (Aug 11, 2017 10:49 pm)

#5 Aug 11, 2017 10:57 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Imagine a chess board with one square...

#6 Aug 11, 2017 11:39 pm

houston
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

No kidding, imagine a game with one button played by two morons with the mentality of 9 year olds.

#7 Aug 12, 2017 7:48 am

Slice
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

President Donald Trump on Friday said he would not rule out a "military option" in Venezuela.

"We have many options for Venezuela, including a possible military option, if necessary," Trump said told reporters at his New Jersey golf club on Friday.

The president did not answer whether American troops would lead that potential operation.

"We don't talk about it. But a military operation, a military option, is certainly something we could pursue," he responded.

Well.  I am old enough to remember when people said part of Trump's appeal was that he was going to turn inward, stop the endless wars and only use the US Military defensively.

How, exactly, is Venezuela a threat to the United States? The answer is that it isn't.  This would be nation building at its worst.

I have said it before: The man has no guiding political philosophy or ethos.   He has no coherent worldview.  He is just whimsically making it up as he goes along.

Then just shut to F$%K up.  Ah really do not think Trump understand the magnitude of being president of these United states.  The Man is ah Nut case.  How can anyone work for him?

Every FRIGGING day you listen the TV or read the papers, there is something crazy about what he is saying.  I just can't get how on earth the American people allow this to happen.  I am in total shock here.

#8 Aug 12, 2017 7:50 am

Slice
Active

houston wrote:
Real Distwalker wrote:

No kidding, imagine a game with one button played by two morons with the mentality of 9 year olds.

THE ARSE HOLE IN NK, must have ah plan, but our ARSE Hole in America do not have one.  He just shoots from the hip, without an ounce of thinking.  He is 10 times worst than the one in NK.

#9 Aug 12, 2017 8:02 am

Slice
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Now he messing with Mitch, what ah frigging mistake.  Mitch go do what McCain did to him.  These old bastards in the senate do not forget.

#10 Aug 12, 2017 8:16 am

Slice
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

RD, doh forget that Venezuela has the biggest Oil Reserve in the world.

Board footer