You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Aug 14, 2017 12:53 pm

Calypso
Active

LET US LIFT UP OUR VOICES AND SING

"....In this enlightened age, there are few I believe, but what will acknowledge, that slavery as an institution, is a moral & political evil in any Country. It is useless to expatiate on its disadvantages. I think it however a greater evil to the white man than to the black race, & while my feelings are strongly enlisted in behalf of the latter, my sympathies are more strong for the former. The blacks are immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, socially & physically. The painful discipline they are undergoing, is necessary for their instruction as a race, & I hope will prepare & lead them to better things. How long their subjugation may be necessary is known & ordered by a wise Merciful Providence......"  Robert Edward Lee

When I migrated to the United States in February 1980, I had just turned 16 years old. There was opportunity to achieve higher education beyond high school and get a profession. I remember "Black History was introduced in American schools. I asked one of my social studies history teachers, "Why isn't "Black History' American history?' He could not answer it. You see, even though, slavery ended in America in the 1860s, bit by bit people of African descent are claiming their identity. They are Americans first and their
existence have been around longer than some of the whites who came from Europe. As they defined themselves, every image in America, who did not acknowledge them or degraded them must be eradicated.  The fucking  equestrian statue of Robert E. Lee must go. He fought for his ideals ignoring the humanity of the African slaves. He might seem a "hero" to white Americans who think that blacks haven't contributed anything significant to American history, but he is no hero to Afro-Americans. Let us lift up our voices and sing until we are valued in this damned country!

Last edited by Calypso (Aug 14, 2017 12:55 pm)

#2 Aug 14, 2017 1:31 pm

Slice
Active

Re: LET US LIFT UP OUR VOICES AND SING

So I went to one of local parks.  The place ah ah use hang out.  Boy was I surprise when ah realize, that the Park is no longer named Robert E Lee park.  Everyone of his statues was removed and the park renamed.  I was in total shock.

These meant something in those times, but not now.  I think all the monuments should be removed from all public areas and place somewhere under ground or somewhere, where they can still be viewed, by who so ever wants to view them.

Yesterday ah was looking at the KKK leader address the crowd in Virginia,  there was not one black person in the crowd, but the white folks shouted him down and chase his white KKK ASS outa the area.  He had to get protected from the White police.

We need to start taking responsibility, and stop blaming every damn thing on White folks, that happened over 200 years ago.

Look me family owned slaves, should I be responsibility for their deeds?

#3 Aug 14, 2017 1:56 pm

Calypso
Active

Slice wrote:

So I went to one of local parks.  The place ah ah use hang out.  Boy was I surprise when ah realize, that the Park is no longer named Robert E Lee park.  Everyone of his statues was removed and the park renamed.  I was in total shock.

These meant something in those times, but not now.  I think all the monuments should be removed from all public areas and place somewhere under ground or somewhere, where they can still be viewed, by who so ever wants to view them.

Yesterday ah was looking at the KKK leader address the crowd in Virginia,  there was not one black person in the crowd, but the white folks shouted him down and chase his white KKK ASS outa the area.  He had to get protected from the White police.

We need to start taking responsibility, and stop blaming every damn thing on White folks, that happened over 200 years ago.

Look me family owned slaves, should I be responsibility for their deeds?

It is very commendable when white people take a stance against racism. I have great respect for those who do so.

#4 Aug 14, 2017 3:39 pm

Vanni
Active

Calypso wrote:

"The blacks are immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, socially & physically. The painful discipline they are undergoing, is necessary for their instruction as a race, & I hope will prepare & lead them to better things. How long their subjugation may be necessary is known & ordered by a wise Merciful Providence......"  Robert Edward Lee

Wow, now that's a massive slice of sh!cake. And appointing himself to speak in the name of Providence? Massive!

#5 Aug 15, 2017 2:40 am

Calypso
Active

Vanni wrote:
Calypso wrote:

"The blacks are immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, socially & physically. The painful discipline they are undergoing, is necessary for their instruction as a race, & I hope will prepare & lead them to better things. How long their subjugation may be necessary is known & ordered by a wise Merciful Providence......"  Robert Edward Lee

Wow, now that's a massive slice of sh!cake. And appointing himself to speak in the name of Providence? Massive!

It is sheer arrogance of the colonial white man! In his mind, he's the 'god' over a mass of black children, cattle herded together to be given direction. He cannot be master of his own destiny so he should be guided and given whatever he needs to grow! Bullshit!

Last edited by Calypso (Aug 15, 2017 6:19 am)

#6 Aug 15, 2017 8:34 am

Slice
Active

Kaiso, again you putting all white folks in one basket.

#7 Aug 15, 2017 8:58 am

Calypso
Active

Slice wrote:

Kaiso, again you putting all white folks in one basket.

I was referring to the mind of the white supremacist!!

Board footer