You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#11 Feb 04, 2017 2:56 pm

Mary Seacole/deportees
Active

Re: AH DOH KNOW, MAYBE SOME OF US ARE JUST SALLUPP.

Slice wrote:
Real Distwalker wrote:

I have a 100% wool shirt I have had since the 1980s and still wear from time to time.  It is a heavy shirt for cold-weather hunting so it doesn't get worn that much but it is still in great shape and is fine.

Anybody have clothes older than that they still wear?

My ole girlfriend in Grenada made me ah polo when ah was leaving Grenada and also the two tone shirt I traveled from Grenada to America in 1980, I still have.  Wifee is getting tired of seeing  them lately, so know it is just ah matter of time, before their disappear.

Ah just tink it is fun to look Sallupp must of the time.

slice out with the old in with the new. But I must admit I believe each soul have something material wise they just like, they may give away clothes or throw clothes but some things are  seen as your lucky things.  You may have things in your wardrobe you won't wear or part with. It's normal.
Who else agrees?

To be clean is much better, but  sometimes you may never come across what you bought again, if it is in good condition wear it or keep it for sentimental reasons.
Nobody's business.

#12 Feb 04, 2017 3:36 pm

Woof Woof Gang Stalker

What we in Grenada was taught  was to have our going out clothes and home clothes and
When we are going  to a  special function it's best not to wear the same  weekday jeans or clothes , if you could afford not to. (Sunday best)
But this was when more Grenadians stayed in their country, nowadays you might see  some of them In Funeral  or a function with any clothes even, pink and red clothes at funerals , slice you know how you grew,   But I am sure you dressing in jeans for church American style. I know rend your heart  and not your garment , we know God is not  looking at the person with a jeans skirt or trousers  and white T shirt he looks at their heart to see if they dirty or clean  the most Important thing is that people knows or have learnt  somehow To have some good clothes  in life, dressing is not just for celebrities. We know since most of us attended church well dressed, don't matter how scruffy some are on weekdays, Sunday was for our Sunday best.

#13 Feb 04, 2017 6:07 pm

Expat
Active

The oldest Branded product I can think of would be A.N.C clothing I both bought personally and sold on behalf of Madiba to help get him released around 1985 or couple of years later. Him being released in 1990.

1000447_300474436754807_1221926053_n.jpg

Board footer