You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#31 Aug 10, 2018 9:11 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Hello

WH man can handle himself.  His a tough old dude.

It isn't just Talkshop that is suffering and, sorry Expat, it has nothing to do with the format.  These types of forums were new and created connections 20 years ago.   People got on them and learned things.  I got a chance to meet Grenadians and make friends.  I did the same thing on other forums. 

That's been done now.  Everybody is connected.  The newness and novelty have worn off.  It is just transactional now.  Truth be told, even if DON, Corporal Naught, Snow and D@man all come back, I am not going to battle it out with them like I used to.

I have done that. I have done the whole online debate/flame war thing to death.  It is exhausting and it damages my peace of mind.  We have all done it.  The whole world has done the online debate thing.  We have all said what we want to say.  Even Facebook and Twitter and shedding users and usage is way down.

We are just in a post-blog, post-discussion forum world and it isn't coming back.  I guess TS will stay here as long as someone is willing to pay the bills but it is never going to be what it once was.

And it doesn't have dick to do with the format.

#32 Aug 10, 2018 12:05 pm

WH Man
Active

GMW wrote:
Slice wrote:

So you gotta remember that everyone left the shop, I do not know why.  I really appreciate everyone that stayed on talk.  I don't care  about their point of view, what ah really care about is that the shop is still opened.

OK, ok leh me ask you ah question, do you rather see this place closed?.  Look,   PADNAH, Alter boy, Kaiso, Expat, Dancer, NH and sometime gripe kept this place going.  They should be thanked and not treated the way you wanna treat them.  If ah had money, ah buying all ah dem dinner for ah week.

Your comments are meant to harm, rather than unite, and that is real sad.  Honestly I know you are ah bigger man than dat.

Really Slice? U mean the poor fragile WH man may leave again because he was bullied by GMW? Doh drink dat stuff. It making say stupid things. But seriously, is this about saving TS? Because in all honesty your comments here in the previous format and even in this watered down version has been much more hard hitting than mine, IMO. It now seems that you don't like my point of view.

Think hard. Maybe the very thing you trying to save and is willing to become a pretzel to do so is what you are destroying by turning it into a shallow, narrow, house negro environment where I should tip toe around. With your attitude as the savior of TS and the naming of names you just did do you seriously think this place will attract more people with different view points?

Nah Sah! If you looking for the best dressed chicken in town, it ain't me.

GMW  " U mean the poor fragile WH man may leave again...."  LOL...No brother GMW, won't be chased away by your kid-glove stuff, been to hell and back. Nothing personal, will engage you when appropriate.

#33 Aug 10, 2018 3:39 pm

GMW
Active

WH Man wrote:

GMW  " U mean the poor fragile WH man may leave again...."  LOL...No brother GMW, won't be chased away by your kid-glove stuff, been to hell and back. Nothing personal, will engage you when appropriate.

Oh please, I know you're like the ice man. You've never flinched. That's why I can tell you like it is. I know you're not paying me any mind. But ah talkin' the truth, eh. Mi Padnah Slice, he knows that too.

#34 Aug 10, 2018 4:12 pm

Slice
Active

Where is New Historian.  Remember when you in Greenz, we doing that Jazz ting.

#35 Aug 10, 2018 6:00 pm

Expat
Active

Dancer wrote:

EXPAT ...   I know   .... you know  ,   that I think you are full of ...... you  know what ... ....a lot.

But  I must give you high  fives .
... Your Number 1 ........ completely on the money.   .......
And  RD's ..... like the Jones .... Facebook Twitter. etc

My early beef ..... I stood a couple of months away ..... why ... Joining seemed  intrusive.
BUT .... I said  , F  ...  it .    .... Not a criminal  or wanting friends.  Say you piece my man , ah love it.

...... And  ALSO ....   Gree-ers are  very  suspicious

of each other  ..... If you are not known    :   family to somebody  :    If you live on the Mount .... and all that goes with   that    BS.
Forget it .      ( makes people feel good or something )   ( some told others not to post.... guessing  ,,,, but pretty sure of  that )

.... NOT  Classy as that JA , would say.

BUT the bottom line is POSTING takes an effort , some thinking ,  a little research  , forgetting your ego sometimes   AND find something that you think others might   read  / enjoy .

AND say .... what the F ..... ??? speaks.     ....... lose some , win some.

Hey JA you are none of the above.     lol.

How could you say such things about one of the sweetest posters on here.... Only Dula is more patient and loving than me.

#36 Aug 10, 2018 9:04 pm

houston
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

It isn't just Talkshop that is suffering and, sorry Expat, it has nothing to do with the format.  These types of forums were new and created connections 20 years ago.   People got on them and learned things.  I got a chance to meet Grenadians and make friends.  I did the same thing on other forums. 

That's been done now.  Everybody is connected.  The newness and novelty have worn off.  It is just transactional now.  Truth be told, even if DON, Corporal Naught, Snow and D@man all come back, I am not going to battle it out with them like I used to.

I have done that. I have done the whole online debate/flame war thing to death.  It is exhausting and it damages my peace of mind.  We have all done it.  The whole world has done the online debate thing.  We have all said what we want to say.  Even Facebook and Twitter and shedding users and usage is way down.

We are just in a post-blog, post-discussion forum world and it isn't coming back.  I guess TS will stay here as long as someone is willing to pay the bills but it is never going to be what it once was.

Never ending change in this day and age is not easy.

#37 Aug 10, 2018 9:17 pm

houston
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

#38 Aug 11, 2018 7:28 am

Expat
Active

houston wrote:
Real Distwalker wrote:

Always the rebel, I use fully Synthetic, and change it once a year.  Low mileage, low stress..... no winters condensation to mess the oil up....

#39 Aug 11, 2018 7:31 am

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

We are all entitled to our own opinions, AND experiences.

Sounds like you are just getting old.  Just now you will be getting cranky.   That's just life.

#40 Aug 11, 2018 8:04 am

Slice
Active

When you coming down? You change you mind?

Board footer