You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Aug 12, 2018 8:53 am

New Historian
Active

Re: Coffee and Conversation

Sailing is a secret gem, so totally rejuvenative! There are excellent charter companies in Grenada and the Eastern Caribbean like Moorings and Horizon Yacht Charters who provide modern, comfortable and safe yachts, with experienced crews to look after the boat - and their guests. Go island-hopping to the Grenadines, shared between 2 or 3 couples the whole cost is very reasonable. You won't regret it!

#12 Aug 12, 2018 9:28 am

Calypso
Active

New Historian wrote:

Sailing is a secret gem, so totally rejuvenative! There are excellent charter companies in Grenada and the Eastern Caribbean like Moorings and Horizon Yacht Charters who provide modern, comfortable and safe yachts, with experienced crews to look after the boat - and their guests. Go island-hopping to the Grenadines, shared between 2 or 3 couples the whole cost is very reasonable. You won't regret it!

One of the best experiences I have in Gree was when I went to Duquesne Bay.  I hired a local fisherman to take he out to sea in his little boat. The rowing was good and also the water. He told me that I could get to Carriacou from there.  There was so little time to do what I wanted. I'd like to live on Carriacou for a while.

#13 Aug 12, 2018 11:03 am

Slice
Active

When you coming back?

#14 Aug 12, 2018 11:15 am

New Historian
Active

"I'd like to live on Carriacou for a while."

Me too, a six-month sojurn: swim, chill, fish, meet folks, talk shite, nap, read, write, sail, walk, cook ... it's amazing how you can fill up endless days doing "nothing"!

#15 Aug 12, 2018 12:04 pm

Calypso
Active

New Historian wrote:

"I'd like to live on Carriacou for a while."

Me too, a six-month sojurn: swim, chill, fish, meet folks, talk shite, nap, read, write, sail, walk, cook ... it's amazing how you can fill up endless days doing "nothing"!

What do you write. You are a wonderful writer. I write short stories. Have you been published. Are you a professional???

#16 Aug 12, 2018 12:05 pm

Calypso
Active

Slice wrote:

When you coming back?

That is my secret!!

#17 Aug 12, 2018 12:55 pm

Dancer
Active

New Historian wrote:

Good info , New Historian .

*** BUT after setting it up ***   ( swim , chill, fish, cook ,walk, talk shite , read, write ) ........  Playing dumb.   ___  Alright , 'play the fool' .
>> Every time I go on vacation  I always hire a fisherman with excellent nautical skills  to take me on his boat <<

Can I borrow your boat , at short notice when I come to Carriacou New Historian ? 

Strike when the iron is hot New Historian. lol.

#18 Aug 12, 2018 3:35 pm

houston
Active

New Historian wrote:

Correction: Pubs of the British Isles. Irish pubs are pretty amazing too. Most common question you hear as you take your first sip in an Irish pub: "Ye're not from round here, are yeh?"

https://s15.postimg.cc/lq2zr2a9j/20429935_10154551240231695_833758241600156247_n.jpg

https://s15.postimg.cc/rr0oo54lj/20431199_10154551449196695_1862171648441065539_n.jpg

No shortage of pubs along the coast of Mayo. The Grainne Uaile in Newport is a fine place for a pint.
Cronin's Sheebeen, Rosbeg
The Tavern, Murrisk
Campbells, at the foot of Croagh Patrick
Matt Molloy's, Westport
Are all good spots to stop into. My mother lived in Murrisk for several years so it was always a great spot to visit. Popular route for motorcyclist along that coast.

#19 Aug 12, 2018 4:27 pm

New Historian
Active

"Popular route for motorcyclist along that coast."

Yup, done two of them along the "WAW": Wild Atlantic Way - great riding indeed. And pubs. And pies. And people...

#20 Aug 12, 2018 4:55 pm

houston
Active

Man, you get around.
Are you ever going to slow down, is there anything left on the bucket list?

Board footer