You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Aug 14, 2018 3:01 pm

Mary Seacole/deportees
Active

Dancer like you maybe having fun!!! in Grenada Carnival

The Grenada  carnival could never be nice like the 70's when we were  young growing up on the island of Grenada  the older ones wil now recall their good days on the island  of Grenada  around this carnival  maybe  the  50's and 60's in Grenada  .
Slice and Dancer will recall the 50's and 60's as they are older
We had real good fun in Grenada  when carnival was carnival
Watching mass of all kinds
Those were the good old days
There were mass of all kinds
Nice sweet music all over
Can't imagine growing up  in any other country  in those good ole  days .

#2 Aug 14, 2018 8:16 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Dancer like you maybe having fun!!! in Grenada Carnival

From my disparate perspective it has gone to hell in a hand basket. I know young people will like what they have because basically that is all they know, and most old people will regret the loss of the classic styles of old.  Except perhaps Slice who seems to be in his second childhood already.    wink

Just watched some Mikey footage on Crapbook, and it left me so cold I was freezing door knobs as I left the room.

#3 Aug 15, 2018 10:54 am

Dancer
Active

WE know Mary Seacole/deportees  .. you are no spring chicken  . That's ok , you had some good ole days in Gree being 'wild and playing mass'.
I like this one    ,  Slice and Dancer will recall the 50's and 60's  as they are older  ...... hahaha.    Mary is a  teenybopper  ....pushing  100. lol.
So what are you up to today   Lady Secole/Deportees  ?  Get out of the house ... go to the Museum or something . lol.
NB .....  You gotta know your 'friend'  says she is in FRANCE lying on some beach in a bikini . Don't be jealous.
You could go to Gree for Xmas.   ..... Let her freeze her booty in the Big Apple.

#4 Aug 15, 2018 2:09 pm

Slice
Active

Nope do know ah ting about the fifties and sixties.  Lets do 70s and you got me.  Now here is where me and Expat go our separate ways.  Cranival in Greenz is bigger and greater than it ever was.  Jab jab day is ah huge thing.  The crowds are gigantic.  I have never experience anything like dat.

Gosh yesterday ah see ah few white folks whinning more than Grenadian.  This ting is great now.  Carnival is truly fun.  Left my home yesterday at 5am.  Did not get back until 8pm.  Ah tired and hungry, but ah dey.

Board footer