You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Aug 31, 2018 1:28 pm

Expat
Active

Weather disturbance by Africa

I just checked my world weather program, and saw a potential hurricane developing over by west Africa, so I checked NOAA, and they have determined there is a development.... probably going to fly high, or dissipate, but better aware than taken by surprise.

#2 Aug 31, 2018 2:59 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Weather disturbance by Africa

Tanks

#3 Aug 31, 2018 6:56 pm

Expat
Active

Marked up as a tropical depression at the moment heading West at 15 knots. Usually they lift, but due west puts it North of Barbados.

#4 Sep 01, 2018 9:34 am

Dancer
Active

I was missing your weather report.

#5 Sep 01, 2018 10:00 am

Expat
Active

There was no REAL weather to report.... ...Little bit of Sun.... little bit of rain gets kinda samey after a while...

Anyhoos Tropical storm Florence currently just West of the Azores is on the way to becoming a hurricane, but is heading WNW at 14mph which brings it into the central Atlantic away from us. Lest hope it stays that way.

Hispaniola is getting a bit of weather as a depression sits of its coast.... may form into a Hurricane in the Gulf...  More likely to be America or Mexico's problem.

Last edited by Expat (Sep 01, 2018 10:03 am)

#6 Sep 01, 2018 10:17 am

Real Distwalker
Active

If you look at the predictive path of that depression it is heading NW straight toward the coast of North America.  Grenada is well out of its path.

#7 Sep 01, 2018 10:22 am

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

If you look at the predictive path of that depression it is heading NW straight toward the coast of North America.  Grenada is well out of its path.

Kinda what I said.

It is interesting how they decided WNW track, as all the wind profiles up to 250hPa seem to be heading due West...

Last edited by Expat (Sep 01, 2018 10:30 am)

Board footer