You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Sep 01, 2018 9:54 am

Dancer
Active

DINOSAURS

This 6 years old kid I met a couple of  months   could name all the planets in the solar system and give me a talk on  Dinosaurs .
Made me spend an evening at the  ROM  after about 25 years. lo.
So I decided to go to the museum  and catch up a bit.  Will be sending the photos I took of the  late big beasts  to his Dad   , to give to the  youngster.

Some of what I learned  :
The most massive dinosaur to ever stomp the Earth was taller than a  ( 5 ) story building
Heavier than a Jumbo Jet
About 131 feet long
I saw a thigh bone (femur)  about 6 feet long and  you will not be able to lift it alone.

Made me think  of a project for some youngsters  next time in the Caribbean. With photos from the Dino's display.

#2 Sep 01, 2018 12:15 pm

Mary Seacole/deportees
Active

Re: DINOSAURS

Dancer wrote:

This 6 years old kid I met a couple of  months   could name all the planets in the solar system and give me a talk on  Dinosaurs .
Made me spend an evening at the  ROM  after about 25 years. lo.
So I decided to go to the museum  and catch up a bit.  Will be sending the photos I took of the  late big beasts  to his Dad   , to give to the  youngster.

Some of what I learned  :
The most massive dinosaur to ever stomp the Earth was taller than a  ( 5 ) story building
Heavier than a Jumbo Jet
About 131 feet long
I saw a thigh bone (femur)  about 6 feet long and  you will not be able to lift it alone.

Made me think  of a project for some youngsters  next time in the Caribbean. With photos from the Dino's display.

Sounds like frightfully scary animals to have dealings with.  I wonder if was gentle giants or a set of bullies that   planned to run and ate their fellow animals at the time of their reign.
If so they had no peace.

Last edited by Mary Seacole/deportees (Sep 01, 2018 12:18 pm)

#3 Sep 01, 2018 12:22 pm

New Historian
Active

There's plenty of dinosaurs walking around right now.

#4 Sep 02, 2018 8:57 am

Dancer
Active

You mean to say Mary could be a couple of million years old ?
Like  prehistoric.
Not nice at all.

MARY !

Board footer