You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Sep 06, 2018 2:37 pm

Slice
Active

WHY AM I SO DAMN SCARED TO FLY?

It take every part of me to get on an Air plane and fly.  Two days or maybe ah week before ah leave, I am ah nervous wreck. But ah realize that flying could be fun.  That was because ah had a sweet experience yesterday. Nah I ent telling allyu nothing, ah fraid that Kaiso mouth. Coming back ah had seat 23D.  Ah start to fuss, how allyu go have me seating in Pit?  Anyway me flight from Miami to Bmore ah was move up to almost First Class.

#2 Sep 06, 2018 9:29 pm

Expat
Active

Re: WHY AM I SO DAMN SCARED TO FLY?

Slice wrote:

It take every part of me to get on an Air plane and fly.  Two days or maybe ah week before ah leave, I am ah nervous wreck. But ah realize that flying could be fun.  That was because ah had a sweet experience yesterday. Nah I ent telling allyu nothing, ah fraid that Kaiso mouth. Coming back ah had seat 23D.  Ah start to fuss, how allyu go have me seating in Pit?  Anyway me flight from Miami to Bmore ah was move up to almost First Class.

Almost First Class, thats err Premium Economy....

Anyhoooows, you are being demoted from JCB to seasonal visitor.  You have lost all credibility in the rehoming fraternity.... smile

#3 Sep 07, 2018 6:58 am

Slice
Active

Damn, just as ah was getting me citizenship back.  Ah go have to have ah talk with allyu

#4 Sep 07, 2018 7:15 pm

New Historian
Active

When we lived in Jamaica my Dad's friend Michael Sylvester, a Grenadian lawyer, was on some committee at UWI Mona, and had to fly to Jamaica every three months. Michael HATED flying, his fear was on steroids!

On October 6, 1976, he was flying from Barbados to Jamaica, and as usual he was a nervous wreck in the hours before the flight. To calm his nerves, he and his friends had a "few" drinks at a bar near to the airport. A few grew to a few more, and by the time he reached the airline check-in desk, he was very "calm".

Too calm apparently. He was too late, they'd closed the flight. No matter how much he remonstrated, especially being "calm" as he was, they said nope: you ain't flying today, buddy. Shit! He drove off with his friends, watching his flight disappear over the horizon.

BOOM! The bomb inside the luggage compartment went off, and the plane plummeted to the sea in a ball of flames, killing all 73 people on board. That was Cubana Airways flight 455, heading from Barbados to Kingston, then Havana. It was a terrorist act by a Miami-based (and US-supported) anti-Castro group.

So you can imagine what that did to Michael's already intense fear of flying, in future he had to be so "calm" he'd be catatonic!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cubana_de … Flight_455

Last edited by New Historian (Sep 07, 2018 7:17 pm)

Board footer