You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#31 Sep 09, 2018 2:34 pm

houston
Active

Re: Don't Let Me Down

This was a McCartney show that I was fortunate to attend a few years ago. Best show I ever saw. McCartney walks out on stage wearing those trademark black boots and starts right into Eight Days a Week with a guitar he has used since the sixties.
He went on to play about 40 hits for the next 3 hours. At 73 years of age I don't know where he got the energy. Not even a splash of water.
The atmosphere was fantastic. He paid tribute to each of his fellow mates along with some interesting stories. I felt like I was listening to all four Beatles play.
My Colombia partner was also in awe. She never spoke a word of English during the Beatles era but could certainly relate to every tune. She glowed like an excited teenager every time McCartney did that lilty head shake.
We had great seats that were a bit out of my price range, but worth every nickel. Highly recommend catching one of his shows before he packs it in.
There will never be a foursome as talented and creative as the Beatles again. That music will go on forever. It seems to get better and better with age.
Thanks for the thread. Really enjoyed reading and listening.

Board footer