You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Sep 16, 2018 5:44 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Even I will say this one is lame

She didn't report it to a living soul until 2012.  She didn't mention Kavanaugh in 2012.  She said there were four boys assaulting her in 2012 and now she says just two.

Look, if we allow this to derail his appointment we will never be able to appoint anyone again.  I will give you an example:  I have here an anonymous letter from 1980 stating that Barack Obama raped poodles.  You have to accept it as true, right?  I mean who are you do doubt it.  Proof?  I don't need no stinking proof just like Kavanaugh's accuser doesn't need proof.

There will always be people to make these kind of claims and people are assumed innocent until proved guilty and Kavanaugh's accuser hasn't even made the 1% mark of proof.

#12 Sep 16, 2018 6:32 pm

WH Man
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

She didn't report it to a living soul until 2012.  She didn't mention Kavanaugh in 2012.  She said there were four boys assaulting her in 2012 and now she says just two.

Look, if we allow this to derail his appointment we will never be able to appoint anyone again.  I will give you an example:  I have here an anonymous letter from 1980 stating that Barack Obama raped poodles.  You have to accept it as true, right?  I mean who are you do doubt it.  Proof?  I don't need no stinking proof just like Kavanaugh's accuser doesn't need proof.

There will always be people to make these kind of claims and people are assumed innocent until proved guilty and Kavanaugh's accuser hasn't even made the 1% mark of proof.

And one of the two boys (Mark Judge) she is accusing says the whole thing is absolutely nuts. It's a he says, she says, with two saying it never happened, and no other to back her up...…..I'm not willing to assume his man is guilty without solid evidence.

I suspect those who believe Bill Cosby is an innocent man also believe OJ is innocent but falsely accused...….

#13 Sep 16, 2018 9:36 pm

gripe
Active

RD, even though you have not answered my query about Mr. Cosby, I place you in the same camp as the ridiculous WH Man whose last comment shows how one-sided he is on the issue being discussed. WH Man wants to dismiss the allegations against Judge Kavanaugh but regarding Mr. Cosby -- whose charges stem from decades-long activities -- WH Man has a clear verdict: guilty. That is amazing. At the risk of being similarly outrageous, I will suggest that there may be some other motivation that explains WH Man's horrible thinking.

A bit more regarding your comment, RD, what is the problem if, by a full exploration of the FACTS of the allegations, it is proven that Judge Kavanaugh did engage in the actions that Ms. Ford details? Why is it such an inconvenience for the truth to be sought and brought to light even if, in this case, it involves a long-ago event? The justification for a full inquiry is that a Supreme Court Associate Justice position is a very, very important responsibility affecting the lives of every American. That should be the greater consideration than you, RD, being troubled that, potentially, a long-ago event may cause Judge Kavanaugh's nomination to sink.

Here is another simple consideration: get a nominee that does NOT have the apparent baggage that Judge Kavanaugh may be holding! If so, none of the controversies would be out there for reasonable minds to grapple with to a hopeful reasonable conclusion.

RD, I take it that both you and WH Man may also be aware that the New York Bar has withheld rating Judge Kavanaugh. Here is a link:

https://www.nycbar.org/media-listing/me … lic-record

Consider these excerpts from the New York Bar's position:

1. "The New York City Bar Association is unable to determine whether Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh is qualified to be a Justice of the United States Supreme Court, because the public record is incomplete on whether he possesses the personal integrity necessary to serve in that role."

2. "The withholding of materials relating to Judge Kavanaugh’s years in the White House prevents a reliable assessment of whether he has told the truth under oath. Apparent discrepancies in the nominee’s testimony are enough to require further review. But the necessary materials to complete that review have not been released. The few materials released to the public present an incomplete version of the facts."

Importantly, Judge Kavanaugh's credibility -- in sworn testimony -- is being questioned by the New York Bar! Both you and WH Man should know that, normally, people who are untruthful with their sworn testimony face criminal charges.

Board footer