You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#71 Sep 25, 2018 7:55 pm

Expat
Active

Re: SHOULD I BE BLAMED FOR SOMETHING THAT HAPPENNED WHEN AH WAS 17?

Real Distwalker wrote:
Slice wrote:

SHOULD I BE BLAMED FOR SOMETHING THAT HAPPENNED WHEN AH WAS 17?

If you did something heinous to someone else, yes, you should be blamed. 

You shouldn't be blamed, however, for accusations of behavior that you categorically deny engaging and for which there is no proof or even evidence that it occurred.   The burden of proof is on the accuser, not the accused.  A man with a lifetime record of sterling character and many, many character witnesses should not be dragged down and destroyed but an accusation that comes out of the blue, without evidence, without an oath and without cross examination.  The very idea that it should be any other way is preposterous!

I do not believe people should be tried by the uninformed public, or the media acting on their behalf, but I do believe we should be able to find out what the truth is, or drop the claim.

The issue is politics, not the guilt or innocence. Both sides are playing indignant. The accuser MAY have made her report as a result of the process bringing her memories to a head (pardon the pun). It was the Dems that held onto it for capital gain, and the Reps who are trying to hustle through a lifetime appointment with no real care whether it is true or not.

If it wasn't so close to the mid terms sensible debate and adjudication would be taking place.

Board footer