You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Sep 18, 2018 4:22 pm

Dancer
Active

Richard Gere ..... New dad ... at 69.

I must mention  and give a high five to  Richard Gere.
Expecting a new baby from wife Alexandra Silva 35.

What can one say   " that's a boy Richard "!

Don't be jealous.     ..... Men   Tops !
Awesome. lol.

#2 Sep 18, 2018 4:53 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Richard Gere ..... New dad ... at 69.

Yuck and yuck again.

35 years age gap.... nasty.

Banging out a kid when all it is going to get from you is a golden handshake... sick.

#3 Sep 18, 2018 5:05 pm

New Historian
Active

Richard Gere? Did anyone say gerbils???

#4 Sep 18, 2018 5:18 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

What's worse, that child will be without a father before he is very old at all.  He will never have a father in the prime of his life who will be able to do the things fathers and sons should do.

My adult son is 33 and was born when I was 21.  My younger son is 13 and was born when I was 41.  My younger son certainly has the advantage in that I was poor as a church mouse when my older son was born.  My younger son has much nicer things, more vacations, etc.

What my younger son is missing out on is a dad who wanted to go backpacking, kayaking, rock climbing, sledding, etc.  I can do that stuff in small doses but his older brother and I did it a lot.

Being a new father at 69 means the kid won't even get that stuff in small doses.  He won't get it at all.

What does New Historian say? "Pickney is for young people!"

29E2D3FF00000578-3135853-image-m-145_1435055504146.jpg

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Sep 18, 2018 5:24 pm)

#5 Sep 18, 2018 7:18 pm

Calypso
Active

He should have used his condom!

#6 Sep 20, 2018 9:01 am

Dancer
Active

Male jealousy raises its ugly head.
smh. This is a long fight. lol.

#7 Sep 24, 2018 6:29 am

Vanni
Active

Assumptions about whether their relationship may not be based on love. Give them a chance?

Yes, some celebrities enjoy and exploit what their fame and money gives them of a grasp on younger ones, whether women or men. Yes, some of the younger ones, ladies and gentlemen, see the easy life coming with lots of money, celebrity for themselves, all kinds of privileges, and shut an eye on the lacking love and on the sagging bits of their older husband or wife. And so, a lie is being entertained that money is not the reason, but love is. But it is not always so! True love can exist with a comfortable age gap.

In my family, we are three Isabelle - two sisters-in-law and me - who are all older than our husbands. The oldest age gap among one of our couple here is of 22 years. And please believe me: it is love. The longest lasting - ranging from 30+ years to 14 years for me - most successful and meaningful relationships in our family of 4 brothers and me as their sister. We have found our soul mates.

So, I've learned, and personally so, that age difference also can allow for exceptional quality of love, having found our soul mates.

As for the children of elder parents: their parents are totally precious to them. What we consider as ideal, is not always the best for everyone involved. What appears to be a lack at some end, is for both parents and children a great experience at the other end. Experiences are not always pleasant. But are meaningful.

A way of thinking says that, considering that physical life is only an extremely short - but extremely intense - part of Life, before we incarnate, we are choosing our parents - and all other circumstances like our place and conditions of birth, growing up and living, the significant people, experiences and situations in our life, whether pleasant or unpleasant - all for an invaluable outcome. So even age gap is part of the choice. Because this is part of the experience we came to live down here.

Nothing is by chance. Everything carries a gem which we may not be able to fully value often only until after we've gone again from this extremely short and rather ignorant span of life down here and enter an expanded state of awareness again.

There is so much more to it than what our minds are telling us. Our heart may know a bit more smile

Last edited by Vanni (Sep 24, 2018 6:46 am)

#8 Sep 25, 2018 8:04 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

What's worse, that child will be without a father before he is very old at all.  He will never have a father in the prime of his life who will be able to do the things fathers and sons should do.

My adult son is 33 and was born when I was 21.  My younger son is 13 and was born when I was 41.  My younger son certainly has the advantage in that I was poor as a church mouse when my older son was born.  My younger son has much nicer things, more vacations, etc.

What my younger son is missing out on is a dad who wanted to go backpacking, kayaking, rock climbing, sledding, etc.  I can do that stuff in small doses but his older brother and I did it a lot.

Being a new father at 69 means the kid won't even get that stuff in small doses.  He won't get it at all.

What does New Historian say? "Pickney is for young people!"

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/06 … 504146.jpg

Early 60's and I was buggered trying to run along with the Grandchild on her bike with training wheels...

Board footer