You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Sep 22, 2018 2:32 pm

Calypso
Active

Love After Love: Wake up Dancer

I just made some changes in my life that cause me to feel this way. I had forgotten what it was like to be ME.

Last edited by Calypso (Sep 23, 2018 7:53 am)

#2 Sep 23, 2018 8:38 am

Dancer
Active

Re: Love After Love: Wake up Dancer

What can I add.

In or around 1990 I read /  saw a documentary about the life of  Carl Jung.  He said he liked  the I Ching. ( An Chinese old book ).
...Speaks of how to live your life.      ......It taught me something.
" So read a little of it "

17 Ancient I Ching quotes to ponder in life , courage and perseverance.

GOOGLE :  Lonerwolf.com I ching - Quotes.

Learned me how to try to be oneself  , most of the time. 

... you don't do too badly lots of the time. Just would not give it up. .  lol.

#3 Sep 25, 2018 7:03 am

Vanni
Active

So, so deep!

How about a relationship where we can be loving each other, be loved and love ourselves?

Last edited by Vanni (Sep 25, 2018 7:05 am)

#4 Sep 25, 2018 10:57 am

Dancer
Active

Vanni to me it boils down to loving yourself . Not in a selfish ,' king of the road way '
But just as a creature that has understanding  and belief  in a 'higher power'. You can call it what you want.
Some  understand that right away , some learn or  keep learning.
How can you 'love' if you do not know yourself a little. 
  BY keeping it simple , I think.

#5 Sep 26, 2018 4:12 am

Vanni
Active

We're all longing for unconditional love. And we cannot be feeling truly loved by anyone - nor can we truly offer this same quality of love to anyone - as long as we are not loving ourselves.

If we are too desperate and make ourselves too dependent from anothers' love: it's hell. For us and for the one we "love", as there is this threat that love could turn into anything, should there be something happening. And "something" happened a few times, and though I had some very strong reactions: I always managed to end up loving the person from the bottom of my heart.

So, among our hurdles there is to manage it to process a breakup without falling into hate. We may go through extreme emotions, utter rage and frustration, but no space for hate.

This has been and will ever be for me the most satisfying outcome, even of a failure. Yes, I still love from the bottom of my heart those I loved before. And none of them is a threat to my marriage: there is space for all, at different levels of relationships - we can love from the bottom of our heart, yet not in terms of romantic feelings. There is only one space for my husband, which I am offering to no one else.

How can a relationship be balanced and fair if we forget or even deny ourselves? The same tenderness and love we are privileged to receive from, and experience with the one we love, is our invitation and opportunity for us to offer this love to ourselves at the same time. It is in fact our deepest longing.

Now, it's easier said than done. It's a long, long way. And even when we think we've reached, we may be taken by surprise. So I am humble on that.

After extreme tribulations, my marriage is a source of serenity. And I've realised that I put harmony and serenity way way over passion: I am feeling as fulfilled as can be by now. And I am so grateful to my husband. Beyond what each of us may still have to develop, we are in deep harmony and soul mates.

Coming back to the poem: How deep have I been touched ... wow! Thank you

Last edited by Vanni (Sep 26, 2018 5:56 am)

Board footer