You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#21 Oct 02, 2018 8:40 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Judge Kavanaugh and BEER.

Conjecture all you want.  I suspect that Maurice Bishop was planning to engage in a coup and emulate Castro's one man rule in Cuba.  I can't prove it but that's what I suspect.  So what?

Offline

#22 Oct 03, 2018 7:19 am

GMW
Active

Re: Judge Kavanaugh and BEER.

Real Distwalker wrote:

What do you want from me, GMW?  Do you want to say that injustice in this case is justified because of unrelated injustices that occurred elsewhere?  I don't understand what you are trying to get me to say.

C'mon now Bro. Continue to speak YOUR truth to power. And don't even be offended when I say that even in today's world young black boys of color like Trayvon Martin are being murdered for committing no crime or far less than throwing ice and glass at people in drunken stupor. And still gets the blame posthumously. That's just how it is. And contrary to what other may say, that is not me having "hatred" for white people as others may say. You don't speak out against these things. Maybe there are things I don't always speak out against either.

Offline

#23 Oct 03, 2018 8:43 am

Expat
Active

Re: Judge Kavanaugh and BEER.

GM, time and revisiting issues can bring different opinions.

For the longest time I went with the idea that while it may have been an unfortunate or unnecessary death Trayvon giving blows as seemed to be the case was a precurser to a justified shooting from whats his face.

However not so long ago while reviewing the convenience store shooting while talking to a buddy who has some insight into legal issues, he explained that as whats his face had been told to cease and desist by the police operator on the phone, when he continued to follow and challenge Trayvon he became the aggressor, and effectively gave Trayvon his stand and fight rights.  There is a name for it other than stand your ground, but I can't remember the specifics.

Offline

#24 Oct 03, 2018 8:44 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Judge Kavanaugh and BEER.

I am commenting on this situation only because the topic was posted.  I wasn't going to bring up the thing.  I am just discussing what came up here.

Offline

#25 Oct 03, 2018 8:50 am

Expat
Active

Re: Judge Kavanaugh and BEER.

Real Distwalker wrote:

Conjecture all you want.  I suspect that Maurice Bishop was planning to engage in a coup and emulate Castro's one man rule in Cuba.  I can't prove it but that's what I suspect.  So what?

You are right, and I think the equivalent of that vis a vis The Judge is what most of us are saying. But you have been so intent on having a cast iron point you couldn't grasp or accede that that is what was being said.

Offline

#26 Oct 03, 2018 10:36 am

GMW
Active

Re: Judge Kavanaugh and BEER.

Expat wrote:

GM, time and revisiting issues can bring different opinions.

For the longest time I went with the idea that while it may have been an unfortunate or unnecessary death Trayvon giving blows as seemed to be the case was a precurser to a justified shooting from whats his face.

However not so long ago while reviewing the convenience store shooting while talking to a buddy who has some insight into legal issues, he explained that as whats his face had been told to cease and desist by the police operator on the phone, when he continued to follow and challenge Trayvon he became the aggressor, and effectively gave Trayvon his stand and fight rights.  There is a name for it other than stand your ground, but I can't remember the specifics.

Fair enough.

Offline

#27 Oct 03, 2018 3:25 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Judge Kavanaugh and BEER.

And now the slimeball POTUS is ridiculing Dr. Ford, what a complete and utter scumbag. Where's that asshat Trump supporter when you need him???

Offline

#28 Oct 03, 2018 7:28 pm

houston
Active

Re: Judge Kavanaugh and BEER.

Who on this board is an asshat Trump supporter?
Forgive me for not paying close attention to the never ending goings on down south.

Offline

#29 Oct 03, 2018 7:31 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Judge Kavanaugh and BEER.

houston wrote:

Who on this board is an asshat Trump supporter?
Forgive me for not paying close attention to the never ending goings on down south.

He's been AWOL lately: Mt. Rich Posse, aka heedyat

Offline

#30 Oct 03, 2018 8:54 pm

houston
Active

Re: Judge Kavanaugh and BEER.

Yes of course, Mt. Rich Posse. The guy that would love to dance with the Queen of England is missing out on some sure fire fun.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB