You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Oct 11, 2018 8:27 pm

Beautiful Bradly Bolton
Active

Where do I go?

Two weeks from now I will finally be back in Grenada after 35 years.

I understand that there will be a national prayer service in St. Georges (I haven't been told where) and I would like to be there.

Later on in the evening I hope to enjoy some Rum, a Cigar and good company somewhere in St. Georges.

I don't know where that would be exactly but I am looking for suggestions.

#2 Oct 11, 2018 9:13 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Where do I go?

Boy, where to start? First off: what day is this, Sunday? If so things can be a bit dead. Secondly, in the last 35 years, Grenada has changed from anything you will have remembered, it's totally different. On the social scene one big factor is the students, about 7,000 of them all around South St George's. So a lot of places tend to get inundated with young American students, who can be a real pain. Umbrellas on Grand Anse is the premier liming spot I guess, they have live music on Sundays.

Personally my favourite watering hole in Sep's rum bar, in Woburn. To be correct, Nimrod's Rum Shop, a polyglot of local limers, yachties, lawyers, captains of industry, ne-er do wells and just about anybody - smoking anything! Thursday nights it's Country Dave, and whichever other floating musicians he can pick up. "Never rush a lime"

#3 Oct 11, 2018 9:36 pm

Beautiful Bradly Bolton
Active

NH, Thanksgiving Day falls on Thursday this year but wow, like you say, those are a lot of young'uns running around and l agree, that could be a pain. Got to find a nice lime. Probably got to get out of St. George's for that. Thanks for the assist. You dey? If you are let me buy you a drink. Tell me where to be and our padnah Slice can make it happen I bet.

#4 Oct 11, 2018 10:38 pm

New Historian
Active

Won't be there then but will be there Dec 20 for 2 weeks. Once you hook up with me boys Slice and Expat all your liming worries over!

Another spoke is La Plywood, on BBC beach, small but very chilled, go an hour before sunset he does great ceviche and wraps too.

Esther's Bar at the Vendor's Market on Grand Anse - best mojito's ... anywhere! Sunsets come free.

BB's Crab Back on the Carenage, good lunch great views

#5 Oct 12, 2018 7:44 am

Expat
Active

Now you see NH, I am learning..... Apart from knowing of a few Big name restaurants which I don't go to (deep pockets and short arms), Nutmeg which gave a me a bad gut twice so I don't go to, The Brewery, and Umbrellas which I have gone to when my arm was twisted, I am an old stop at home.

Wifey won't go out, and I kinda lost the zeal.

Mind you my cousin Arrives for the first time on the 29th. Armed with some of this information maybe he can be entertained. Any more ideas for Mr BBB and me?

#6 Oct 12, 2018 11:29 am

New Historian
Active

Hmmm...

Not sure if la Sagesse is open but that's a nice beach and lunch lime.

Aggie's on Bathway Beach does the BEST lobster and fish. If you swim there be VERY careful there's a heck of a current.

Aquarium in Pointe Salines, great views and a Sunday live band in the PM.

Full Moon Party on Benjy Beach is fun, only available on full moon nights, natch.

I mentioned Sep's, I'll mention it again.

Coconuts on Grand Anse do a good meal, Scratch and Pat are very hospitable.

#7 Oct 12, 2018 3:58 pm

New Historian
Active

#8 Oct 12, 2018 6:54 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

Hmmm...

Not sure if la Sagesse is open but that's a nice beach and lunch lime.

Aggie's on Bathway Beach does the BEST lobster and fish. If you swim there be VERY careful there's a heck of a current.

Aquarium in Pointe Salines, great views and a Sunday live band in the PM.

Full Moon Party on Benjy Beach is fun, only available on full moon nights, natch.

I mentioned Sep's, I'll mention it again.

Coconuts on Grand Anse do a good meal, Scratch and Pat are very hospitable.

La Sagesse is open, and the beach remains the same Wifey prefers the end furthest from the Restaurant as there are hardly any waves there.

Unfortunately the top end after the stadium is getting industrialised as the Chinese seem to have set up a workers residence/building store. Kinda takes the edge of the place.

#9 Oct 12, 2018 7:32 pm

houston
Active

Priority #1 for an American..."where's the nearest Macdonald's located?"

#10 Oct 12, 2018 10:24 pm

Expat
Active

houston wrote:

Priority #1 for an American..."where's the nearest Macdonald's located?"

Shit out of luck with that one.

The other abomination KFC rules unfortunately.

Board footer