You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Oct 15, 2018 2:47 pm

GMW
Active

Woman blocks man from entering his own home!

In the current climate I'm sure may will say, AGAIN, that there's  TWO sides to the story. SURE!

I say in the current climate (LOL) he could consider himself lucky she may have been unarmed or not a COP.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2018/10/1 … d-reality/

#2 Oct 15, 2018 3:40 pm

GMW
Active

Re: Woman blocks man from entering his own home!

#3 Oct 15, 2018 7:57 pm

Expat
Active

No arguments he should have been able to expect to enter his own building without interrogation. I can understand the frustration. What I can't understand is it could have been diffused almost immediately if he acquiesced to her request to see the key fob, or say which number appt. At which point she could have said Oh I am really sorry, but I have never seen you before etc etc.

She would have had egg on her face, and the tension stakes were lowered immediately. What I found interesting was she was prepared to go into a lift alone except for a stupid little dog with a man whose presence she is concerned about.

Being in the right does not make exacerbating an issue the right thing to do. Similar to driving a car and being in the right and having a crash which you could have avoided if you weren't too arrogant to let another idiot pass when they were in the wrong.

#4 Oct 15, 2018 8:09 pm

New Historian
Active

"it could have been diffused almost immediately if he acquiesced"

Expat that's all very reasonable, but what you don't get, is that sometimes you just get TIRED of this shit, and you don't feel like "just acquiescing". Seriously, this is part and parcel of the "black experience", and he knows exactly why she's "innocently" asking to see his fob, and maybe she's just ... pissed off. When I lived in England there were many times when I felt the same way he probably did.

#5 Oct 16, 2018 7:58 am

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

"it could have been diffused almost immediately if he acquiesced"

Expat that's all very reasonable, but what you don't get, is that sometimes you just get TIRED of this shit, and you don't feel like "just acquiescing". Seriously, this is part and parcel of the "black experience", and he knows exactly why she's "innocently" asking to see his fob, and maybe she's just ... pissed off. When I lived in England there were many times when I felt the same way he probably did.

Like I said I get it.... But common sense comes before pride or indignation. If I have to get controversial. Back in those even darker days the Black population would degradingly have to cow tow to the bully boy whites, not make eye contact, not even look at a white woman etc etc... they ran the risk of beatings and as we know even lynching. It was a very shameful time in Americas troubled history.

Things as far as I can see from a distance are still a long way from being right. But they ARE so much better than they were. Some of these Whites as in this lady still have subconscious or other wise bias which is why finding a Black man in "her" fortress became concerned that someone who probably was not entitled might be at the drawbridge.

Considering the now large numbers of wealthy, educated, employed people that now populace the country it is long over due for this bias to fade away. Whether you are watching the news, or sport, or almost anything on the box black folks are increasingly represented. So unless the person came to the door dressed like a hobo, or had more bling than Mr T she should not have had a problem.

But she did. It was her problem not his, but by prolonging the exchange he made it his as well. Maam, here is my fob, excuse me please.... thank you, have a good evening.... done.   Mutters under breath ... stupid beatch, and enjoys the rest of his evening.

People carry perceptions to which we all become victims. There is an assumption I have cash to throw around simply because I am white. Nobody in England is going to make that assumption. I concede the beggars do not JUST target me every time I go to Wall street, or IGA, or Town, but I get tired of deflecting too.

An additional thought. where one of my friends lives has a number punch door lock system. Tenants are told NOT to let people in who buzz their number but are not connected to them. They are not supposed to open doors and leave them open for visitors to pass through. It was unfortunate that he either zapped the door just as she was going out, had he got there before she got to the door and opened it for himself then probably no issue. Who knows.

Last edited by Expat (Oct 16, 2018 8:18 am)

#6 Oct 16, 2018 8:22 am

Slice
Active

There is  some increase in race relationship in the US, I am not sure if it because of, there are more cameras, or the current racist in the White house. Stats show that the president must take some of the blame.

Yesterday, ah was watching my local news and ah got very frustrated.  There were about five crimes committed in my area, and all were by Black men. Ah police officer was charged for filing bogus overtime. Ah man walk into ah gym, and stole all computers and TVs. Ah black state congress man was charge and expelled from the state for taking money under the table.  Ah black man was charge for hijacking ah car with ah baby in it. Ah young black man was charge with raping and killing ah 80 year woman.  GOSH! when will it stop?  Now ah understand why Grenadians do not trust Africans-Americans. Black Americans are doing nothing to help themselves, and I am so sick of it.

#7 Oct 16, 2018 11:36 am

GMW
Active

Expat wrote:

No arguments he should have been able to expect to enter his own building without interrogation. I can understand the frustration. What I can't understand is it could have been diffused almost immediately if he acquiesced to her request to see the key fob, or say which number appt. At which point she could have said Oh I am really sorry, but I have never seen you before etc etc.

She would have had egg on her face, and the tension stakes were lowered immediately. What I found interesting was she was prepared to go into a lift alone except for a stupid little dog with a man whose presence she is concerned about.

Being in the right does not make exacerbating an issue the right thing to do. Similar to driving a car and being in the right and having a crash which you could have avoided if you weren't too arrogant to let another idiot pass when they were in the wrong.

Of course he should have complied, huh? LOL.

Now that's the predictable response where you really highlights the problem of DENIAL. Man! Are you nuts or something worse?

It's like saying Obama should have just surrendered his birth certificate to Donald Trump from day one and the racists would accept it and welcome him to America and turn from their racists ways.

When grown men talk such fuckery it makes it very obvious that people like Trump is not the problem but rather the manifestation of it.

Back to the video: that white trash is a piece of work. She got the wrong brother. He was too calm. But seriously, what do you think caused her to sooo boldly and insistingly go after the young man? How deep rooted is her perception?

Is like you don't realize this bitch is racist? Or maybe the onus was on the young man to liberate her from her RACISM.

Such BullShit from you and that women is innate!

#8 Oct 16, 2018 1:54 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

There is  some increase in race relationship in the US, I am not sure if it because of, there are more cameras, or the current racist in the White house. Stats show that the president must take some of the blame.

Yesterday, ah was watching my local news and ah got very frustrated.  There were about five crimes committed in my area, and all were by Black men. Ah police officer was charged for filing bogus overtime. Ah man walk into ah gym, and stole all computers and TVs. Ah black state congress man was charge and expelled from the state for taking money under the table.  Ah black man was charge for hijacking ah car with ah baby in it. Ah young black man was charge with raping and killing ah 80 year woman.  GOSH! when will it stop?  Now ah understand why Grenadians do not trust Africans-Americans. Black Americans are doing nothing to help themselves, and I am so sick of it.

Keep calm, let the Grenadian come to the surface, chill baby.  Just now when you leave foreign you'll have no issues with 99.999 percent of the criminals being Black..... smile

You could become a criminal very easily in Grenada.... Unlike the UK where most traffic violations are not classed as criminal in Grenada they are.

As for the local news. Are they always demonising black criminals, or is it usually more balanced, or is it a predominantly black area, in which case it's tough not to focus on the main group.

#9 Oct 16, 2018 2:02 pm

Expat
Active

GMW wrote:
Expat wrote:

Of course he should have complied, huh? LOL.

Now that's the predictable response where you really highlights the problem of DENIAL. Man! Are you nuts or something worse?

It's like saying Obama should have just surrendered his birth certificate to Donald Trump from day one and the racists would accept it and welcome him to America and turn from their racists ways.

When grown men talk such fuckery it makes it very obvious that people like Trump is not the problem but rather the manifestation of it.

Back to the video: that white trash is a piece of work. She got the wrong brother. He was too calm. But seriously, what do you think caused her to sooo boldly and insistingly go after the young man? How deep rooted is her perception?

Is like you don't realize this bitch is racist? Or maybe the onus was on the young man to liberate her from her RACISM.

Such BullShit from you and that women is innate!

So she is Trash, and he should have been aggressive.... and you think I have things arse about face?

There have been many occasions where there have been a group of usually YOUNG black men which has left me feeling a little edgy, does that make me racist?  Was I racist when nervously walking past a group of leather clad bikers when I was a kid? None were in fact aggressive or actually paid any attention to me, but you never know when fun for schoolchildren can become death for the crappo.

From your many posts I get the impression you would definitely want to be the puffed up injured party who has been "dissed" who would ramp things up so quickly a police WOULD be called on you and who knows.... I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but frothing at the mouth wave arms around and ultimately get shot by a rookie cop. So that everyone else could sagely nod their head and chant killed by cop, killed by cop.

Things CAN be avoided if you don't do all the stereotypical things that make them happen. Marked on the grave stone "Attitude" killed him.

Last edited by Expat (Oct 16, 2018 2:09 pm)

#10 Oct 16, 2018 2:31 pm

GMW
Active

Expat wrote:

Things CAN be avoided if you don't do all the stereotypical things that make them happen. Marked on the grave stone "Attitude" killed him.

NO DUDE! SHE SURVIVED HER ATTITUDE. IT wasn't HIS. IT WAS HERS. Lord have his mercy!

>>From your many posts I get the impression you would definitely want to be the puffed up injured party who has been "dissed" who would ramp things up so quickly a police WOULD be called on you and who knows.<<

U talking FUCKERY. You don't know me nor where've I've live. Your ass would have been further than up Shit creek right now. Except for you "apparent" color.

That you are blind to the issue is not surprise to me.

I always know that when I post these issues and videos that is exactly how the discussion will end up. smile

And you head is still to stuck up your Pooper to see! LOL

Board footer