You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Oct 19, 2018 2:33 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Five Jesuses Before Jesus

New Historian wrote:

Don't be silly NH, you can't out quote Zealots (the faithful), they have made it their main stay, and will have literally learned it chapter and verse. You would really like to waste time if you studied rambling text adequately to try to win a point on quotations. It's like studying the entire civil engineers compendium to argue whether a bolt is the right size.

#12 Oct 19, 2018 2:38 pm

New Historian
Active

Expat wrote:
New Historian wrote:

Don't be silly NH, you can't out quote Zealots (the faithful), they have made it their main stay, and will have literally learned it chapter and verse. You would really like to waste time if you studied rambling text adequately to try to win a point on quotations. It's like studying the entire civil engineers compendium to argue whether a bolt is the right size.

Very droll, sir! Like I said "god" knows what I was thinking - a sudden rush of god to the head?

#13 Oct 19, 2018 2:43 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Back to my GUI interface argument...

This site has GUI interface.  Below you will see two buttons. One says Submit and one says Preview.  When you "push" them they seem to indent and things happen.

They aren't really real three dimensional items however.  They are just representations of three dimensional items.  They are there to help us operate the code that runs this website.  It would be far too difficult to post here if we had to know HTML or, worse, binary to do it.

Again, the buttons aren't real.  You know it and I know it.   When you guys argue religion it is like you are arguing that the buttons aren't real.  You are showing me proofs that they are real. You are calling me silly because I believe they are real.

The thing is, I don't think they are real.  In fact, I know they aren't real.  What I am saying is that those two GUI buttons give us access to something that would otherwise be too complex to understand.  They are put in terms that we do understand to give us the ability to do things we couldn't otherwise do.

So keep on telling me how silly the GUI buttons are.  Keep telling me that Jonah couldn't live in the belly of a fish or that you couldn't put two of every species on an arc.  I will keep responding, "no shit Sherlock".

But whatever.  If it makes you feel good to go on and on as to how the buttons aren't real, knock yourselves out.

#14 Oct 19, 2018 2:50 pm

Expat
Active

When the buttons aren't real, and what lies beyond the buttons is mostly allegorical, untrue or dubious

#15 Oct 19, 2018 3:00 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Expat wrote:

When the buttons aren't real, and what lies beyond the buttons is mostly allegorical, untrue or dubious

And yet you pushed "Submit" and your comment was read thousands of miles away.

Board footer