You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Oct 19, 2018 8:49 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Senator Elizabeth Warren is an Indian

At least that is what she would have us believe.  She submitted a DNA test that shows she is more than 98-99 percent not an Indian, but the lily white, blue eyed woman wants us to believe she is an Indian because, in the 1700s, she had one ancestor that was a native of either North or South America.

This is terrible.  We aren't what a single speck of DNA makes us.  I know that my ancestors came from Eastern Europe but I also know that culture that defines me is American as an outgrowth of England and the British isles.  I don't know if I have an English blood in my body but I know the language I speak, the culture I live and the social aspects of my world-view are of England as it evolved in America.  That I have, say, a Slovakian ancestor means nothing as none of that carried through.

In other words, Elizabeth Warren isn't an Indian.  This is obvious.  She is just like me.  A Caucasian American who lives a culture that formed largely in Britain.

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Oct 19, 2018 10:00 am)

#2 Oct 19, 2018 9:25 am

New Historian
Active

Re: Senator Elizabeth Warren is an Indian

I agree, it's pathetic.

#3 Oct 19, 2018 2:45 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

At least that is what she would have us believe.  She submitted a DNA test that shows she is more than 98-99 percent not an Indian, but the lily white, blue eyed woman wants us to believe she is an Indian because, in the 1700s, she had one ancestor that was a native of either North or South America.

This is terrible.  We aren't what a single speck of DNA makes us.  I know that my ancestors came from Eastern Europe but I also know that culture that defines me is American as an outgrowth of England and the British isles.  I don't know if I have an English blood in my body but I know the language I speak, the culture I live and the social aspects of my world-view are of England as it evolved in America.  That I have, say, a Slovakian ancestor means nothing as none of that carried through.

In other words, Elizabeth Warren isn't an Indian.  This is obvious.  She is just like me.  A Caucasian American who lives a culture that formed largely in Britain.

You are only out pacing her by only 76 years which was when Amerikee shrugged off the mantles of colonialism from Britain. While the original Forefathers would have been English.... with an American accent according to Hollywood.... smile Since that time the melting pot of many countries from Europe, Russia. South America India etc have all worked to change the temperament and general psyche of your nation. Just as Britain has evolved over the last 60 odd years. I think being Indian might be an over reach, but you know if there is something that grabs your historical connection we all may chose the things we find attractive or useful.

#4 Oct 19, 2018 3:03 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Let me repeat myself...

"I know the language I speak, the culture I live and the social aspects of my world-view are of England as it evolved in America."

Note the use of the world "evolved".  I know that US culture differs from Britain but it has more in common with Britain than any other country.

She wasn't making the argument that she has adopted Cherokee culture.  She doesn't know the language.  She hasn't lived it.  She was making a DNA argument.

Board footer