You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Oct 22, 2018 11:19 pm

Expat
Active

Re: BBB

New Historian wrote:

The other day I sailed to Carriacou with a not uncute Australian backpacker who'd stayed in an Air B&B place in Frequente, for ....... US$10 per night!!

Was it okay? I asked, meaning: How bad was it?

Fine she said: basic, clean, and on the bus route!

But that's an outlier, generally speaking Grenada don't do budget.

I could do budget, but you will be woken up by cocks crowing about 4 times a night minimum, the dogs in the neighbourhood will drive you crazy, and you'll have to wash the chicken poop off the pathway before you step out of the apartment.... I guess I should be paying people to visit... LoL.

#12 Oct 23, 2018 12:28 am

New Historian
Active

Expat wrote:
New Historian wrote:

The other day I sailed to Carriacou with a not uncute Australian backpacker who'd stayed in an Air B&B place in Frequente, for ....... US$10 per night!!

Was it okay? I asked, meaning: How bad was it?

Fine she said: basic, clean, and on the bus route!

But that's an outlier, generally speaking Grenada don't do budget.

I could do budget, but you will be woken up by cocks crowing about 4 times a night minimum, the dogs in the neighbourhood will drive you crazy, and you'll have to wash the chicken poop off the pathway before you step out of the apartment.... I guess I should be paying people to visit... LoL.

Sounds like my yard!

#13 Oct 23, 2018 10:07 am

Real Distwalker
Active

So, when I come, I stay at the Calabash.  It is something more than $100 per night, however.

#14 Oct 23, 2018 4:38 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

So, when I come, I stay at the Calabash.  It is something more than $100 per night, however.

Yeah, you can have the 2 bed penthouse with pool for  $2565 during the festive season... a real snip.

Board footer