You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Oct 28, 2018 5:02 pm

houston
Active

Beer can chicken

Tried this one for the first time during the summer. Easy to cook up and turns out super moist and tender.
I love cooking with coals but nothing better than the coal that the ladies would sell at the market in St. Georges.  Not sure which type of wood it was but great for cooking. I would use an old tire rim and a cheap cooling rack as a grill, bought from the local hardware store, Hubbarts I think it was. Oh man, that coal would last and burn beautifully.
20180728-191037.jpg

#2 Oct 28, 2018 6:06 pm

houston
Active

Re: Beer can chicken

This is another photo of the beer can chicken. Can't believe how good it turns out with that beer steam keeping it moist. Enough to feed four unless you have a guest that needs to eat half a chicken.
Resized-20180728-191008.jpg

#3 Oct 30, 2018 9:01 am

Slice
Active

Coals when there is gas.  Not me ah just turn on the gas and ah good. I brought ah small Gas Grill to Greenz, all ah have to do is turn on the gas and if ah know what ah doing, me chicken go come out moist anyway.  Ah cook with enough coals as ah was growing up, using the Coal pot.

#4 Oct 30, 2018 10:03 am

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Coals when there is gas.  Not me ah just turn on the gas and ah good. I brought ah small Gas Grill to Greenz, all ah have to do is turn on the gas and if ah know what ah doing, me chicken go come out moist anyway.  Ah cook with enough coals as ah was growing up, using the Coal pot.

Like I say, you is a spoil JCB, you have lost your roots, For now you using electrickery but you will be lighting you yard with massantoe juss now , boy you go get there doh fret..... smile

Last edited by Expat (Oct 30, 2018 10:04 am)

Board footer