You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Nov 24, 2018 5:37 pm

New Historian
Active

Canine Encounter (1)

Tom and I were riding to Karen’s house on Middleton Avenue, him just ahead of me. As we were about to turn into her gate, this crazy dog charged out of a nearby driveway and somehow managed to wedge himself between underneath my bike. Ba-dang! Me, bike and dog all hit the road in a tangled heap, then the dog scampered through an open gate nearby. Ouch! As I struggled to my feet and righted the bike I saw a man leaning against the gate through which the dog had just darted. I wasn’t pleased.

“Look what your fucking dog just did to me!” I shouted indignantly. He looked at me, puzzled.

“Is not my dawg, sah. I never see dat dog in me life!” He smiled benignly, “I think you need a drink, wait there.” He went inside and returned with three shots of brandy. It helped. Upon checking the bike I was relieved to see there was nothing worse than a cracked mirror and a bloody elbow, so no real damage. Except to my pride.

Later on in Karen’s living room however, Tom recalled a different version of events. The way he saw it, I was riding along and kicked at the dog, who retaliated by trying to bite me and ended up beneath my wheels - an accusation I strenuously denied. Now really, why would I kick after a dog, that’s inviting disaster?

And I bet you it was that man’s fucking dog.

#2 Dec 01, 2018 12:11 am

Expat
Active

Re: Canine Encounter (1)

New Historian wrote:

Tom and I were riding to Karen’s house on Middleton Avenue, him just ahead of me. As we were about to turn into her gate, this crazy dog charged out of a nearby driveway and somehow managed to wedge himself between underneath my bike. Ba-dang! Me, bike and dog all hit the road in a tangled heap, then the dog scampered through an open gate nearby. Ouch! As I struggled to my feet and righted the bike I saw a man leaning against the gate through which the dog had just darted. I wasn’t pleased.

“Look what your fucking dog just did to me!” I shouted indignantly. He looked at me, puzzled.

“Is not my dawg, sah. I never see dat dog in me life!” He smiled benignly, “I think you need a drink, wait there.” He went inside and returned with three shots of brandy. It helped. Upon checking the bike I was relieved to see there was nothing worse than a cracked mirror and a bloody elbow, so no real damage. Except to my pride.

Later on in Karen’s living room however, Tom recalled a different version of events. The way he saw it, I was riding along and kicked at the dog, who retaliated by trying to bite me and ended up beneath my wheels - an accusation I strenuously denied. Now really, why would I kick after a dog, that’s inviting disaster?

And I bet you it was that man’s fucking dog.

At least you only bruised its ego.

I had one go under the front wheel of my rav. Dragged itself off into the bush.

Owner heard the yelp, and came looking. Said you ran over my dog... being the truth and also not wanting to support the guy for the next 10 years I told him the dog rushed at me, I didn't aim for it and the track was so bad I had to be more concerned with where I drove. The poor old dog was dragged very unceremoniously out of the bush by the owner, making me feel even more sorry for the dog. Which looking as if it's spine was gone I was getting ready to uthenase.

Long story short it already had pups which it managed to feed  AND continued running at the car.

#3 Dec 01, 2018 9:19 am

New Historian
Active

Re: Canine Encounter (1)

Super-dog! One thing you don’t want to do on a bike is hit an animal, you’ll invariably end up the worse out of the encounter. Another night night I was riding to a girlfriend’s house at the top of Red Hills, and in the middle of a long straight stretch of road a puppy wandered directly into my path. Swerving wasn’t an option so I jammed on both brakes, screeching to a halt just inches from the cowering little thing. I reached down and picked him up and gently deposited him over fence to his anxious mum. Returning along the same stretch of road two hours later, the same stupid puppy decides, yet again, to run out and play with my headlight. This time there was no way I could stop in time, so I braced myself and waited for impact. Which fortunately was no more than a bump and a wobble. The poor little thing, just wouldn’t learn.

Board footer