You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Nov 27, 2018 10:34 am

Slice
Active

WHY DO FOLKS BOAST SO BAMN MUCH?

I visited, and spend sometime with a friend the weekend after Thanksgiving.  From the moment we arrived, it was all about them.  They got free tickets for this museum, they have tickets for this stadium.  The house that we have now how much it cost.  Nope ah doh shop dey, ah shop in this area. Yep we thinking about upgrading our Benz.  Lord ah just listen and hope that the weekend woud end now, so I can go home.

I pulled the car up as we ready to leave, and it seems they were lost for words and we smiled and left.  Never me again, you ent coming to visit me and as sure as day, I ent visiting allyu.  To it is so important to be who you are and not ah wanna be.

#2 Nov 27, 2018 12:42 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: WHY DO FOLKS BOAST SO BAMN MUCH?

If there is any conversation more boring than "look at the things I can buy and look at the places I can go", I don't know what it is.

Well, I do like to hear about travels but if all you can tell me about your trip is how luxurious and expensive it was, don't bother.

#3 Nov 27, 2018 2:36 pm

New Historian
Active

Two old UK friends of mine are here on a 2-week holiday staying at a south coast hotel and guess what? They're bored. I could well imagine, nothing would bore me more than a do-nothing holiday, just to veg out by poolside or beach. When I do on holiday it's to actually DO something: sail, ride, drive, see family, special events - something! When I worked at La Source it'd amaze me how many people spend ALL DAY lazing around watching television - can't you do that at home, for free?

#4 Dec 01, 2018 12:16 am

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

Two old UK friends of mine are here on a 2-week holiday staying at a south coast hotel and guess what? They're bored. I could well imagine, nothing would bore me more than a do-nothing holiday, just to veg out by poolside or beach. When I do on holiday it's to actually DO something: sail, ride, drive, see family, special events - something! When I worked at La Source it'd amaze me how many people spend ALL DAY lazing around watching television - can't you do that at home, for free?

Yes, but you can "do" Barbados in one to two days, it IS a veggie holiday.

#5 Dec 01, 2018 10:18 am

New Historian
Active

Expat wrote:
New Historian wrote:

You might say that, but an Irish couple stayed with us for 2 weeks a while ago, and they never stood still! Here and there, on buses, finding obscure bars, fishing, swimming, diving - they had a ball. Thee's always a lot to do, if you wanna do it.

#6 Dec 07, 2018 6:47 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:
Expat wrote:
New Historian wrote:

You might say that, but an Irish couple stayed with us for 2 weeks a while ago, and they never stood still! Here and there, on buses, finding obscure bars, fishing, swimming, diving - they had a ball. Thee's always a lot to do, if you wanna do it.

Being Irish I get the ability to spend time in bars.  Other than that most of their time seemed to be "off island"   LoL.

Board footer