You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Dec 02, 2018 7:24 pm

houston
Active

Tourism

I keep waiting for an ad that promotes Grenada as a destination for those seeking some warmth during the long winter months but never see anything.
Does Grenada only focus on U.S and European tourism?
This article is an example of competion next door. Apparently St.Vincent and Grenadines has a newly built international airport. Could this present some competition for the Grenadian tourism industry? Should Grenada be competing more diligently for tourists dollars?

https://torontosun.com/travel/internati … grenadines

#2 Dec 07, 2018 4:35 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Tourism

"Apparently St.Vincent and Grenadines has a newly built international airport. Could this present some competition for the Grenadian tourism industry?"

No need to lose any sleep over this new Vincy airport: it's already proving to be one massive, expensive white elephant. Mainland Saint Vincent is not your typical "tourist island" it's got crap beaches and the capital Kingstown is one big ghetto. All the tourist action takes place in the Grenadines; mainland gets less than 50,000 arrivals per year. The biggest hotel has about 50 rooms. The airport has attracted NO long-haul airlines, if I was a Vincy and that was my tax dollars wasted, I'd be spitting nails!

#3 Dec 07, 2018 6:49 pm

Expat
Active

Plus GND airport has expanded it's departure lounge to make it easier for the punters to leave   LoL.

#4 Dec 07, 2018 10:36 pm

New Historian
Active

Grenada airport is just perfect.

#5 Dec 08, 2018 9:48 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

The main problem being keeping the folks in the tower awake with only about 7 major flights a day.

I said this already, but i saw them do some real stupedness one time in real time via my flightradar24.com app.

#6 Dec 08, 2018 10:31 pm

New Historian
Active

Expat wrote:
New Historian wrote:

The main problem being keeping the folks in the tower awake with only about 7 major flights a day.

I said this already, but i saw them do some real stupedness one time in real time via my flightradar24.com app.

Say it again, "do a me" lol!

Board footer