You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Dec 09, 2018 10:29 pm

Expat
Active

Racism seems to go both ways

The other day a numskull excavator driver parked his tracked vehicle half off what left of our road, and onto the verge on the side that has a drain cut. As I am the idiot that tries to maintain the verge I wander out and start by saying you are breaking down the drain.

Instant response angry exited face and "just get back in your house, just clear of back to your house".... or very similar words.

I persist with can't you see what you are doing, and the tracks are destroying the road, and why couldn't the loader lorry reverse up the road.

I was given all kind of bullsheite including the lorry cant reverse up the road.... I have seen at least 4 do exactly that, and he was parking that side.... instead of the side with the bank that didn't matter a damn so that vehicles wouldn't slip into the drain... Which if he had parked 50 feet further back up the road couldn't have happened.

We railed, I cussed etc etc. Finally for some weird reason, maybe it was my pseudo West Indian Accent breaking through, he asks how long I had lived there, I told him the over 30 year history of the location, and he smiles and says you are a real Grenadian... Followed by "it was your skin". Followed by doh worry man, elections in 5 years, they go fix it for you.

The end result after he left was exactly what I said, his heavy vehicle has squashed down the verge making road water and gravel going into the drain inevitable.... Unless some stupid white backside reconstructs it.

#2 Dec 10, 2018 1:54 pm

WH Man
Active

Re: Racism seems to go both ways

Expat.……..some  of the most rabid racists I have encountered are black people....Think....Sharpton, Farrakhan.

#3 Dec 10, 2018 2:35 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Racism seems to go both ways

WH Man wrote:

Expat.……..some  of the most rabid racists I have encountered are black people....Think....Sharpton, Farrakhan.

In fairness many of the over reactions of Black folks..... especially going back a few decades was a reflection of the ignorant white racism that was prevalent at that time. It still exists we know, but in little Grenada maybe 70% of the cash that feeds the nation comes directly or indirectly from white people visiting or living in Grenada. Why bite the hand that feeds you?

Board footer