You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#11 Nov 14, 2016 6:31 pm

Slice

Re: Donald Trump

The more, you talk to folks here, they more you learn,  Hillary was ah despise woman.  Now doh get me wrong, Trump is ah million times worst than her, but folks wanted change, and they saw the change in Trump.

A few co-workers rubbed it in my face today. Before the election,  I showed them all kinda stats, that said Trump can't win.  He said you just do not understand, this Trump thing.

#12 Nov 15, 2016 6:55 pm

New Historian

This is the New Talkshop, so I guess this is the new me. Change? Why do we have to change? Why can't everything remain as it was? Why did I have to wake up to a "Nightmare on 9/11" (English date protocol) that still hasn't gone away yet? Is this really happening? Please tell me it isn't really happening.

For you Americans, ah sorry for you!

#13 Nov 15, 2016 7:03 pm

Real Distwalker

New Historian wrote:

For you Americans, ah sorry for you!

"Dr. Strangetan or How I learned to stop worrying and love Donald Trump"

Nope.  Not there yet. 

The bottom line, it was a contest for which was the worst candidate in US history and Donald Trump came in second... but only just barely.

Americans deserve Donald Trump... good and damned hard.

#14 Nov 15, 2016 11:30 pm

OGTrump

Hello Spriceislander Talkshop. It's good to see that you are back in action and up to the same ole, same ole. Believe me, it is best if you just learn to call President-Elect Trump by the same name is do... Daddy.

#15 Nov 16, 2016 8:17 pm

Vanni

Could it be that, despite appearances, things are for the better and we have avoided worse with Hillary & Co?

With the concerning information reported about her, some may wonder about among others how much she respected / took for granted including the people of African descent: some expressed their embarrassment at her attitude toward them. Was it genuine? Was it opportunistic, as a bait and a means for the continuation of the domination of the group of people she was part of, just because it served their agenda? How much genuinely loyal, honest and ethical was she? How much humanity and improvement did she offer and would she have brought?

Not that I ever was enthusiastic with Donald Trump, but I understand one striking aspect:

the interruption of the grasp of those who had planned their own victory and took it and us for granted.

How crucial is that in our present situation and in the course of history! We will measure and understand it better as time passes.

Same for the Brexit: however we may understand it presently, in any case, and I repeat it means a breach in the grasp of those who took it and us for granted and had already planned it all in their favour. And this is maybe more important than the negatives we may be fearing.

Whether we consider some prophecies or not, we appear to be in times of intense changes - some speak of awakening. And all these unexpected turns, while they may be unsettling and appear as seriously contradictory and confusing, may be a sign of budding success in what will be - and has absolutely to be - a radical change for the better in the ways, mentality, level of awareness and approach to life in our humanity.

True brotherhood with each other, caring for each other, extended to all living creatures, and the ensuing conditions of living which will be way better than what we think we could ever achieve. Up to very pleasant and comforting changes in a reality which we experienced as harsh and considered as immutable: we'll understand that our changing our approach to each other and to life, can change the very conditions of living on this planet.

So could it be that the present shocking political developments, in the long run will reveal themselves less as what we may have been fearing and more as this vitally needed severing and freeing ourselves from an aeons long hold on us by a self-appointed and self-serving power - so we can at last uplift ourselves and progress in unprecedented ways?

Last edited by Vanni (Nov 17, 2016 2:54 am)

Board footer