You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Dec 27, 2018 6:46 am

Calypso
Active

Soul Makossa--African-Style

#2 Dec 27, 2018 11:46 am

Slice
Active

Re: Soul Makossa--African-Style

Kaiso ah kinda missed you, way you been?  You posted my favorite band.  WOW! ah once loved dem.

#3 Dec 27, 2018 3:32 pm

Expat
Active

Calypso wrote:

I wonder if they put as much effort into their lessons to allow them to get out of that sh hole?

#4 Dec 28, 2018 12:50 pm

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:

I wonder if they put as much effort into their lessons to allow them to get out of that sh hole?

My bright student now is of African heritage. His father is a professor at NYC. Most of the best students I've taught are from Middle-class Caribbean or African background. I've taught some little shits from Caribbean background. Parents cannot leave the education of their children solely to teachers as they do in the Caribbean. They must help out.

#5 Dec 28, 2018 4:32 pm

Expat
Active

Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:

My bright student now is of African heritage. His father is a professor at NYC. Most of the best students I've taught are from Middle-class Caribbean or African background. I've taught some little shits from Caribbean background. Parents cannot leave the education of their children solely to teachers as they do in the Caribbean. They must help out.

That certainly applies whether Caribbean, African, Indian, European etc etc. I am glad to say my little Granny has responded well to all the early infusing in education, and is really quite sharp. Just now she will be wiping the floor with this old duffer. It is not only the backing up of the tutorial system, it is the outlook of the family that makes many of our Asian friends so much driven more than both Whites and Blacks generally. Dentist, Doctor, Lawyer. Bam they are driven.

#6 Dec 28, 2018 5:13 pm

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:

That certainly applies whether Caribbean, African, Indian, European etc etc. I am glad to say my little Granny has responded well to all the early infusing in education, and is really quite sharp. Just now she will be wiping the floor with this old duffer. It is not only the backing up of the tutorial system, it is the outlook of the family that makes many of our Asian friends so much driven more than both Whites and Blacks generally. Dentist, Doctor, Lawyer. Bam they are driven.

Yes, they are. It's my pleasure working with them. They are so polite, classy and so damned easy to work with.

Board footer