You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Dec 30, 2018 4:42 pm

Expat
Active

You probably don't need glasses or contact lenses.

Pretty bold statement eh... smile

Seems about 160 years ago a physicist called Helmholtz observed the differing lenses could improve vision significantly which lead to the general public having access to spectacles. This momentous change seemed to enhance vision and has been pretty much the way most of us have been treated with long or short sight.

However Bates, an ophthalmologist, discovered that by getting his patients to exercise their eyes in a fairly short period of time they were able to see without glasses. Not good for the glasses industry eh... wink Seems there was a misunderstanding that only the lens altered vision, but actually the tug of the eye muscles changes they eye shape which also affects vision. If you wear glasses the muscles lose their efficiency, and whether long sighted or short sited progressively the ability to change focus independent of the glasses is lost. Another reason for not sitting in front of the computer screen for hours on end without changing perspective.

Anyhoos I found out about this on the www, and eventually came right back to Dr Bergman, who's partner covers the same issue as well... so links for some exercises, and the first one of the Dr DeWitt lectures.

Also I believe these exercises plus the right nutrients can improve or cure glaucoma and cataracts.

Last edited by Expat (Dec 30, 2018 4:43 pm)

#2 Dec 31, 2018 8:21 am

New Historian
Active

Re: You probably don't need glasses or contact lenses.

With me my eyes went from great to glasses literally overnight.  Twenty-odd years ago I was sitting on my balcony one morning in Mullins Barbados reading a book, and wondered why the text was blurry. I thought I may have "sticky-eye" so went and washed them: same thing. Moved the book further away and the words became clearer. Wha de ass? Got them tested the next day and the doc confirmed it. Over the first 10-15 years or so my lenses gradually got stronger but they've stabilized now. Hopefully!

I'll check out the video, thanks.

#3 Jan 13, 2019 8:41 am

Expat
Active

I spoke to a neighbour last night who at the age of 35 was first introduced to glasses.... via a long story I shan't go into he ended up going to a second optician (friend of a friend) who told him he only just needed glasses and if he did sundry eye exercises he could stave off glasses for a couple of years.

40 years later he still doesn't need glasses, and does his eye exercises every morning before he gets out of bed.

The normal pattern is 1st pair of glasses, and then an ever progressing stronger pair.

PS. In the DeWitt demo he mentions looking at the sun and rapidly passing your fingers in front of your eyes.... This person has been doing the equivalent of that when the sun is low on the horizon for years too. According to DeWitt this improves the receptivity of the cones and rods in your eyes.... still not a good idea to simply stare at a bright Sun without some form of protection..... just sayin.

Last edited by Expat (Jan 13, 2019 8:46 am)

#4 Jan 13, 2019 5:44 pm

Slice
Active

Hope it works.  I must order this stuff ah almost forgot.  It is something like ah visor almost the same size of the Sun visor in your car, you clip in on and they say no more glares from oncoming Headlights.  If it works perfect for Greenz.
Expat I am so scared of stuff ah see on the net, ah just doh know what to say.  It is like this stuff that is suppose to keep your Blood pressure very stable at no more than 130/85.  I watch the damn thing for about 15 minutes and got what they wanted me to buy, needless to say, it did not work.

#5 Jan 13, 2019 7:47 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Hope it works.  I must order this stuff ah almost forgot.  It is something like ah visor almost the same size of the Sun visor in your car, you clip in on and they say no more glares from oncoming Headlights.  If it works perfect for Greenz.
Expat I am so scared of stuff ah see on the net, ah just doh know what to say.  It is like this stuff that is suppose to keep your Blood pressure very stable at no more than 130/85.  I watch the damn thing for about 15 minutes and got what they wanted me to buy, needless to say, it did not work.

Firstly as I said before your blood pressure is reactive, if it is elevated.... and what is elevated?  It is a from a figure "THEY" decided was right for all of us... which is bollocks to start with. If your pressutre is up, it is because your very smart body knows there is a reason for it to be up. Maybe you are drinking too much alcohol, THAT elevates blood pressure, maybe you are eating shit food, like KFC, that is toxic to yopur system, makes your blood less efficient at transporting oxygen and nutrients so the heart has to pump harder to get the oxygen etc around your body... and YOU want to reduce the pressure so you can pass out from lack of oxygen.... not smart.

Figure out why the pressure is up, don't just chemically try to reduce it.

#6 Yesterday 3:12 pm

Slice
Active

Boy one good ting about spending 6 months in Grenada, I learn how to eat well.  My BP in Grenada stayed very normal and since I came back up it stayed that way.  I lost 22 lbs in Grenada.  Before I came to Grenada my weight was 152.  When ah came back it was 130.  Now my weight is 140 and not sure if ah ever will get back to 152, because of the way I eat.

Wifee want me weight back, I tried to get it back, but ah was too damn uncomfortable eating all that junk, so ah tink ah staying at 140.

#7 Today 10:33 am

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Boy one good ting about spending 6 months in Grenada, I learn how to eat well.  My BP in Grenada stayed very normal and since I came back up it stayed that way.  I lost 22 lbs in Grenada.  Before I came to Grenada my weight was 152.  When ah came back it was 130.  Now my weight is 140 and not sure if ah ever will get back to 152, because of the way I eat.

Wifee want me weight back, I tried to get it back, but ah was too damn uncomfortable eating all that junk, so ah tink ah staying at 140.

You must be bruising her with your bones... smile

I would have thought 140 was about spot on for your BMI. Look it up as to how to calculate it. Just remember your back is against the wall in America as you are deluged with GMO, High what ever it is corn syrup in just about everything, which is also GMO, Meat that has been fed on GMO grain, and a pharma industry that is out to get you, and doctors that get paid by the attendance, so they have little incentive to make you well.

Board footer