You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jan 09, 2019 12:16 pm

Slice
Active

ANYONE GOT AH HUM, IN THEIR VEHICLE?

So I have that device in my vehicles.  In one of my vehicle  from the time I came back, the device keep saying on one occasion that I need an alternator. I ignored it and it stopped.  Then for the last month it keep say I need a battery, but once I get in the vehicle one lash ah key and the car starts.  I do not know what to say, but I am beginning wonder if the it really works and worth the money I paid for it.

What is Hum you may ask?  It is ah device that you buy, plug it into your vehicle and it is suppose to tell you what is happening with your vehicle.

I am beginning to tink I have been had.

#2 Jan 09, 2019 1:48 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: ANYONE GOT AH HUM, IN THEIR VEHICLE?

If it ain't broke .....

#3 Jan 09, 2019 9:10 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

So I have that device in my vehicles.  In one of my vehicle  from the time I came back, the device keep saying on one occasion that I need an alternator. I ignored it and it stopped.  Then for the last month it keep say I need a battery, but once I get in the vehicle one lash ah key and the car starts.  I do not know what to say, but I am beginning wonder if the it really works and worth the money I paid for it.

What is Hum you may ask?  It is ah device that you buy, plug it into your vehicle and it is suppose to tell you what is happening with your vehicle.

I am beginning to tink I have been had.

Just wait, one day click click click.

It was telling you you needed a new alternator, at that point a volt meter test would have told you if it was charging. Now after the alternator hasn't put in a charge to replace what you used to start the battery is sulphating, and dying. Everything works until it doesn't. Including your car.

Then you will say, It was telling me and I didn't take it on.... now you will not only have to replace or repair the alternator, you will need a battery too.

Assuming it wasn't a faulty device, and I expect it wasn't, then you will definitely have wasted your money. Ignoring it.

If it hasn't failed yet, get a simple cheap voltmeter, run the car with the voltmeter across the two terminals and rev the engine, if it goes up to around 14.5 volts the alternator IS working, and the device was faulty. do this before the car dies a death.

#4 Jan 10, 2019 8:38 am

Slice
Active

Thanks.  I will take it to the parts store, they will run the test.  Man you spoke another language there.  You expect me to do all ah dat?  All ah know how to do in ah vehicle is drive it and clean it.

#5 Jan 11, 2019 8:25 am

Real Distwalker
Active

It's been a lot of years but I got a hummer in my vehicle.

#6 Jan 11, 2019 2:20 pm

Slice
Active

So you had ah Hummer.  Ah doh get it.  Why you trying to confuse me or us?

#7 Jan 11, 2019 2:24 pm

New Historian
Active

The American vehicle I've always wanted is a Jeep Wrangler, stripped down

#8 Jan 11, 2019 7:43 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Slice wrote:

So you had ah Hummer.  Ah doh get it.  Why you trying to confuse me or us?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hummer

#9 Jan 12, 2019 7:57 am

Slice
Active

I love ah bit of speed.  Jeep are not my kind of vehicles.  They are great vehicles in Bad weather, but as slow as an snail.

#10 Jan 12, 2019 1:45 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

I love ah bit of speed.  Jeep are not my kind of vehicles.  They are great vehicles in Bad weather, but as slow as an snail.

This is a man speaking who has a Rav4  ?

Board footer