You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jan 21, 2019 9:21 am

Slice
Active

ONE OF THOSE DAYS AH WISH AH WAS IN GREENZ

Lord it cold.  It is about 9 degrees, with ah Wind Chill factor of -15.  I ent stepping me ass outside today.

#2 Jan 21, 2019 12:49 pm

Expat
Active

Re: ONE OF THOSE DAYS AH WISH AH WAS IN GREENZ

Just give wifey some thermal underwear, and tell her to come see you in Greenz when she ready.... smile

#3 Jan 21, 2019 5:43 pm

Slice
Active

Ah might just do dat.  It too damn cold.  As I look at me Paw paw trees, me Asian Sweet Potatoes and me Passion fruit that I planted bearing like crazy.  Me guy in Grenada told me he got 5lbs ah Asian Sweet potatoes from one tree.  Doh ask me how ah get the Asian Sweeet Potatoes, I ent telling you.  I do hope it will be in all over Grenada, soon.  The damn thing sweet and taste real nice.

#4 Jan 29, 2019 7:51 am

Slice
Active

In some parts of the country today, especially Iowa and Chicago, it going to be so damn cold, they are asking folks to not take Deep Breaths.

Ah wonder if ah see this right, in some places the Wind Chill factor will be -60 degrees.  Ah wonder what 60 below feels like.  Gosh one can freeze to  death in 30 seconds.

Last edited by Slice (Jan 29, 2019 7:56 am)

#5 Jan 29, 2019 9:58 am

New Historian
Active

Been there, done that, got the parka!

Snowbound.jpg

Snowbound2.jpg

Snowstorm2.jpg

#6 Jan 29, 2019 5:12 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Wednesday might be the coldest day ever recorded where I live.  It will definitely be close. 

Iowa will be colder than parts of Antarctica on Wednesday — and it won't be close

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story … 703879002/

#7 Jan 29, 2019 5:18 pm

New Historian
Active

And the worst part is: with 45 at the helm the rest of the world is secretly saying: FEEL IT, FOKKERS!!!

Not me of course!

#8 Jan 29, 2019 8:44 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

And the worst part is: with 45 at the helm the rest of the world is secretly saying: FEEL IT, FOKKERS!!!

Not me of course!

How can you say that, Global warming aka climate change can't make places colder..... can it?  No, surely not, and even if it could burning as much coal as you can manage won't have a negative affect.

Board footer