You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Feb 06, 2019 9:46 am

Slice
Active

HEALTH CARE IN THE US

My greatest arguments while in Grenada was Grenadians bashing everything about America.  I never thought it would happen, but ah was one of the hardest defenders of her, especially her Health care system.

Now it reality hit home, and ah now know what ah was defending, Me Mother in law is in her 90s and had some health issues. I am shocked about how the American system takes care of her.  Someone comes to our house daily to assist with everything that involves her. Supplies of everything she needs with the exception of food.  They fix her meals, they wash, they fold cloths, they make bed up and they assist with meal preparation.

Honestly ah think it is overkill. I now have ah very good idea, about how my tax dollars are spent.

Grenadians before allyu start running allyu mouth on America, it would be wise to demand 1% from allyu govermnet of what Sick Americans get.

I am so tempted to say what ah Grenadians said right after the REVO," Thank God For America," but I ent going to say it.  Now remember those are different circumstances.

#2 Feb 06, 2019 11:29 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: HEALTH CARE IN THE US

Folks in other countries are always telling me that my health care services are terrible and that they feel sorry for me.  It always confuses me.  I have a world of world class health care available to me all the time.  If I wanted to see a doctor right now, I could be in an office and getting examined in 30 minutes.  I am not kidding.

Don't cry for my health care.

#3 Feb 06, 2019 12:26 pm

Slice
Active

Agree.  Now the entire Caribbean, can not and should not condem the American Health system.  The Caribbean is about 200 years behind.

#4 Feb 06, 2019 2:20 pm

New Historian
Active

Slice wrote:

Agree.  Now the entire Caribbean, can not and should not condem the American Health system.  The Caribbean is about 200 years behind.

The per capita income in the USA is about 10 times as higher than Grenada - you expect them to have comparable health systems? Yeah living in Greenz is great, but it comes at a price, and that price is living in a "poor" country. RD is a wealthy man (we saw his palace lol!), so he has wonderful health care, but what about people in the USA who are earning a quarter of what he does? Their healthcare will be about as quarter as good as RD's. It's all about the moolah baby.

#5 Feb 06, 2019 3:37 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I have the same employer provided health care as all the other employees in my company.

Slice's mother-in-law is on Medicare.  Her health care is free to her.

#6 Feb 06, 2019 3:37 pm

New Historian
Active

And you think Slice's mother's Medicare care is as good as yours?

#7 Feb 06, 2019 3:43 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Medicare is a government provided program.  It is socialized medicine for the aged.  I have no ability to get better Medicare.

That said, I could pay for things not covered by Medicare but, to hear Slice tell it, there isn't much his mother-in-law isn't getting.

Board footer