You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Feb 26, 2019 2:40 am

Calypso
Active

Re: WHEN AND HOW CAN THE ISLANDS FREE THEMSELVES FROM COLONIAL CONTROL?

Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:

The first statement may come to pass, the whole enterprise revolves around the french, and foremost German economies. When one of the main subsidy countries leaves it will leave the more impoverished countries for which the economic pattern is less favourable to become a more direct drain on the Germans, an resentment will build.

Britain like America NEEDS migrants, just not every tom dick or ferdinand that decides to hop on the ferry from France.

Why should ANY country simply open the gates and let in the lowest of the low, they can grow them at home without any help. Come with a useful skill set and the ability to speak the language, even the unskilled will most likely get short term visa's to do crop picking.

Possibly extraction from the EU will improve transits between the EX colonies.... remember you wanted freedom from Colonial rule, it comes with a price.


You are a white man ( no insult here) so your mentality is different. You think on the side of the ruler not the ruled. Ending colonial rule was good for it pushed many blacks into the middle-class.  We could now educate ourselves and no longer do menial jobs. Colonialism was not good for it took the wealth from the colonies and placed it in the hands of the European nations. They, the Europeans, never really left us. They control us  under the scene. After 51 years of being free from the masters, we are still dependent. I would love to go home after retirement but is being scared out of it because of the poverty in Jamaica. Look, if the island struck oil, sit back and see what is going to happen. It is not going to benefit us. The super-powers will gobble it up and give us the dregs. What a blasted shame.

Apart for hearing the word colonies, I probably, like the vast majority of brits had little or no idea about the history or impact of Britannia. Most normal run of the mill Brits were simply getting by. There seems to be a a mentality that the subjects of the mother country were somehow better off by default, whereas just as everywhere the "working class" .... which means different things in England and America have almost no connection with the products of Colonialism, and certainly wouldn't think that getting a 2lb bag of sugar 10 pence cheaper due to trading was worth the fuss.

Companies made and exploited the Colonies... with the help of Government I am sure.... Especially back in the days of Rhodes and the like.

You will not like the concept, but Britain was a trading nation, and the colonies were simply part of the trading process, hardly any different to any big business trading today.  Just as Supermarkets oppress their suppliers by making them wait on payment, and keep driving down the price.

Corruption exists everywhere, as we know, there is plenty of white collar crime. But the emerging nations seem to have it as a norm rather than the exception. Is it not time to take responsibility for ones own actions rather than throwing it back to the Massa?

We could never see eyes to eye and that is alright.  What would have happened if American hadn't fought her war of independence in 1775? The British would have manipulated her economy, getting the better deals. America liberated themselves and England relinquished her rights. What happened when Haiti tried to liberate themselves? Napoleon and other white nations fought even harder to suppress them.  Why? They are blacks and whites believe that when you are black or even no-European you shouldn't be controlling your own destiny. Expat, once again , you are the ruler, therefore, your mentality is different. Trade places with me.

Offline

#12 Feb 26, 2019 11:11 am

Expat
Active

Re: WHEN AND HOW CAN THE ISLANDS FREE THEMSELVES FROM COLONIAL CONTROL?

Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:

You are a white man ( no insult here) so your mentality is different. You think on the side of the ruler not the ruled. Ending colonial rule was good for it pushed many blacks into the middle-class.  We could now educate ourselves and no longer do menial jobs. Colonialism was not good for it took the wealth from the colonies and placed it in the hands of the European nations. They, the Europeans, never really left us. They control us  under the scene. After 51 years of being free from the masters, we are still dependent. I would love to go home after retirement but is being scared out of it because of the poverty in Jamaica. Look, if the island struck oil, sit back and see what is going to happen. It is not going to benefit us. The super-powers will gobble it up and give us the dregs. What a blasted shame.

Apart for hearing the word colonies, I probably, like the vast majority of brits had little or no idea about the history or impact of Britannia. Most normal run of the mill Brits were simply getting by. There seems to be a a mentality that the subjects of the mother country were somehow better off by default, whereas just as everywhere the "working class" .... which means different things in England and America have almost no connection with the products of Colonialism, and certainly wouldn't think that getting a 2lb bag of sugar 10 pence cheaper due to trading was worth the fuss.

Companies made and exploited the Colonies... with the help of Government I am sure.... Especially back in the days of Rhodes and the like.

You will not like the concept, but Britain was a trading nation, and the colonies were simply part of the trading process, hardly any different to any big business trading today.  Just as Supermarkets oppress their suppliers by making them wait on payment, and keep driving down the price.

Corruption exists everywhere, as we know, there is plenty of white collar crime. But the emerging nations seem to have it as a norm rather than the exception. Is it not time to take responsibility for ones own actions rather than throwing it back to the Massa?

We could never see eyes to eye and that is alright.  What would have happened if American hadn't fought her war of independence in 1775? The British would have manipulated her economy, getting the better deals. America liberated themselves and England relinquished her rights. What happened when Haiti tried to liberate themselves? Napoleon and other white nations fought even harder to suppress them.  Why? They are blacks and whites believe that when you are black or even no-European you shouldn't be controlling your own destiny. Expat, once again , you are the ruler, therefore, your mentality is different. Trade places with me.

I will try again in simple phrases.

ME myself alone... I was never a victor. Ergo, I do not have a victors mentality.
You on the other hand think, and speak like a victim. Therefore you are a victim.

Nowadays with the Windrush generations grand children having (if they take advantage of the system) as many routs to success as their peers that generation is just as much a victor or as liable as me and mine. It's called integration and homogonisation.

There are a small number of total arseholes in the world who are outright racist.... as Trump would say.... on both sides. But generally MOST people are either ambivalent, or not racist. While some may have an unintentional ability to have negative connotations on the other group mainly because of stereotypical responses to stereotypical events.

The likes of you whining on at every opportunity feeding the fires being an example. The wrongs of the past simply cannot be undone. The wrongs of today are being redressed, the wrongs of the future if we have one will be less, and less.

In the mean time why not shout loud and clear about slavery.... not the infamous one of the past, but the epidemic that is occurring right now, or is it simply that the victims are not being channeled into a plantation, but into a sweat shop in India, Pakistan, or Burma where you don't see them making your disposable clothes, or maybe in a town near you sexing 80 guys a week without protection, sleeping on couches for no reward. These are not the social victims who chose to go on the streets for a myriad reasons, but illegally trafficked, and often times tricked into the work because they thought they were taking up legitimate work on arrival in the country. No passport, family threatened in the home country. Put out or you and your family will suffer.

The white countries did this and the white countries did that... Yes they did, often times more stuff than you or I know about, but did they do it because they were white nations, or nations that had gained power that happened to be White.

In history there have been great Black nations, if some would be believed Egypt being one of the greatest Empires was lead and populated by black people at certain points. Are you going to tell me they were lovely cuddly people?

True the White nations salved their conscience at the time they were abusing by deeming the blacks sub human.... kinda like the Nazi's did to the Jews.

Mankind for the most part is a miserable creation. If we can't find reasons to brow beat people because of colour they will do it because of Religion, or political differences.

It really isn't this black white thing you want to spout on about at every opportunity, it is simply mankind. You see it within families, within villages and between nations. I would bet any money that the next door neighbours of Shaka Zulu were scared shitless. Power, not colour.

Last edited by Expat (Feb 26, 2019 11:50 am)

Offline

#13 Feb 26, 2019 8:10 pm

Calypso
Active

Re: WHEN AND HOW CAN THE ISLANDS FREE THEMSELVES FROM COLONIAL CONTROL?

Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:

Apart for hearing the word colonies, I probably, like the vast majority of brits had little or no idea about the history or impact of Britannia. Most normal run of the mill Brits were simply getting by. There seems to be a a mentality that the subjects of the mother country were somehow better off by default, whereas just as everywhere the "working class" .... which means different things in England and America have almost no connection with the products of Colonialism, and certainly wouldn't think that getting a 2lb bag of sugar 10 pence cheaper due to trading was worth the fuss.

Companies made and exploited the Colonies... with the help of Government I am sure.... Especially back in the days of Rhodes and the like.

You will not like the concept, but Britain was a trading nation, and the colonies were simply part of the trading process, hardly any different to any big business trading today.  Just as Supermarkets oppress their suppliers by making them wait on payment, and keep driving down the price.

Corruption exists everywhere, as we know, there is plenty of white collar crime. But the emerging nations seem to have it as a norm rather than the exception. Is it not time to take responsibility for ones own actions rather than throwing it back to the Massa?

We could never see eyes to eye and that is alright.  What would have happened if American hadn't fought her war of independence in 1775? The British would have manipulated her economy, getting the better deals. America liberated themselves and England relinquished her rights. What happened when Haiti tried to liberate themselves? Napoleon and other white nations fought even harder to suppress them.  Why? They are blacks and whites believe that when you are black or even no-European you shouldn't be controlling your own destiny. Expat, once again , you are the ruler, therefore, your mentality is different. Trade places with me.

I will try again in simple phrases.

ME myself alone... I was never a victor. Ergo, I do not have a victors mentality.
You on the other hand think, and speak like a victim. Therefore you are a victim.

Nowadays with the Windrush generations grand children having (if they take advantage of the system) as many routs to success as their peers that generation is just as much a victor or as liable as me and mine. It's called integration and homogonisation.

There are a small number of total arseholes in the world who are outright racist.... as Trump would say.... on both sides. But generally MOST people are either ambivalent, or not racist. While some may have an unintentional ability to have negative connotations on the other group mainly because of stereotypical responses to stereotypical events.

The likes of you whining on at every opportunity feeding the fires being an example. The wrongs of the past simply cannot be undone. The wrongs of today are being redressed, the wrongs of the future if we have one will be less, and less.

In the mean time why not shout loud and clear about slavery.... not the infamous one of the past, but the epidemic that is occurring right now, or is it simply that the victims are not being channeled into a plantation, but into a sweat shop in India, Pakistan, or Burma where you don't see them making your disposable clothes, or maybe in a town near you sexing 80 guys a week without protection, sleeping on couches for no reward. These are not the social victims who chose to go on the streets for a myriad reasons, but illegally trafficked, and often times tricked into the work because they thought they were taking up legitimate work on arrival in the country. No passport, family threatened in the home country. Put out or you and your family will suffer.

The white countries did this and the white countries did that... Yes they did, often times more stuff than you or I know about, but did they do it because they were white nations, or nations that had gained power that happened to be White.

In history there have been great Black nations, if some would be believed Egypt being one of the greatest Empires was lead and populated by black people at certain points. Are you going to tell me they were lovely cuddly people?

True the White nations salved their conscience at the time they were abusing by deeming the blacks sub human.... kinda like the Nazi's did to the Jews.

Mankind for the most part is a miserable creation. If we can't find reasons to brow beat people because of colour they will do it because of Religion, or political differences.

It really isn't this black white thing you want to spout on about at every opportunity, it is simply mankind. You see it within families, within villages and between nations. I would bet any money that the next door neighbours of Shaka Zulu were scared shitless. Power, not colour.

Expat, you and I cannot solve the problems of the world but some of the problems of the economic former colonial nations have has to do with the domination of world power. You'll never face up to it because you are in denial. I've always wondered why black women breed so damned much and I think I know why. During slavery, young black teenagers were engineered into sexual relations at an early age. The slave masters encouraged so that they could multiply the "ni@@er" population. By the time the women would reach 20 years old, they would have 5 to 6 pickininies. This is our past. That is our foundation. Our foundation wasn't strong, therefore, we are not going to be strong. Our behavior is learned from generation to generation. This is the same with the colonies. The European colonized and pushed the Africans into slavery both mentally and  economically. It is our foundation, therefore, we are stagnated from that acrimonious past. Full stop.

Offline

#14 Feb 27, 2019 7:10 pm

Expat
Active

Re: WHEN AND HOW CAN THE ISLANDS FREE THEMSELVES FROM COLONIAL CONTROL?

Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:

We could never see eyes to eye and that is alright.  What would have happened if American hadn't fought her war of independence in 1775? The British would have manipulated her economy, getting the better deals. America liberated themselves and England relinquished her rights. What happened when Haiti tried to liberate themselves? Napoleon and other white nations fought even harder to suppress them.  Why? They are blacks and whites believe that when you are black or even no-European you shouldn't be controlling your own destiny. Expat, once again , you are the ruler, therefore, your mentality is different. Trade places with me.

I will try again in simple phrases.

ME myself alone... I was never a victor. Ergo, I do not have a victors mentality.
You on the other hand think, and speak like a victim. Therefore you are a victim.

Nowadays with the Windrush generations grand children having (if they take advantage of the system) as many routs to success as their peers that generation is just as much a victor or as liable as me and mine. It's called integration and homogonisation.

There are a small number of total arseholes in the world who are outright racist.... as Trump would say.... on both sides. But generally MOST people are either ambivalent, or not racist. While some may have an unintentional ability to have negative connotations on the other group mainly because of stereotypical responses to stereotypical events.

The likes of you whining on at every opportunity feeding the fires being an example. The wrongs of the past simply cannot be undone. The wrongs of today are being redressed, the wrongs of the future if we have one will be less, and less.

In the mean time why not shout loud and clear about slavery.... not the infamous one of the past, but the epidemic that is occurring right now, or is it simply that the victims are not being channeled into a plantation, but into a sweat shop in India, Pakistan, or Burma where you don't see them making your disposable clothes, or maybe in a town near you sexing 80 guys a week without protection, sleeping on couches for no reward. These are not the social victims who chose to go on the streets for a myriad reasons, but illegally trafficked, and often times tricked into the work because they thought they were taking up legitimate work on arrival in the country. No passport, family threatened in the home country. Put out or you and your family will suffer.

The white countries did this and the white countries did that... Yes they did, often times more stuff than you or I know about, but did they do it because they were white nations, or nations that had gained power that happened to be White.

In history there have been great Black nations, if some would be believed Egypt being one of the greatest Empires was lead and populated by black people at certain points. Are you going to tell me they were lovely cuddly people?

True the White nations salved their conscience at the time they were abusing by deeming the blacks sub human.... kinda like the Nazi's did to the Jews.

Mankind for the most part is a miserable creation. If we can't find reasons to brow beat people because of colour they will do it because of Religion, or political differences.

It really isn't this black white thing you want to spout on about at every opportunity, it is simply mankind. You see it within families, within villages and between nations. I would bet any money that the next door neighbours of Shaka Zulu were scared shitless. Power, not colour.

Expat, you and I cannot solve the problems of the world but some of the problems of the economic former colonial nations have has to do with the domination of world power. You'll never face up to it because you are in denial. I've always wondered why black women breed so damned much and I think I know why. During slavery, young black teenagers were engineered into sexual relations at an early age. The slave masters encouraged so that they could multiply the "ni@@er" population. By the time the women would reach 20 years old, they would have 5 to 6 pickininies. This is our past. That is our foundation. Our foundation wasn't strong, therefore, we are not going to be strong. Our behavior is learned from generation to generation. This is the same with the colonies. The European colonized and pushed the Africans into slavery both mentally and  economically. It is our foundation, therefore, we are stagnated from that acrimonious past. Full stop.


And you say I am in denial.... sheesh.

Offline

#15 Feb 28, 2019 8:20 am

Slice
Active

Re: WHEN AND HOW CAN THE ISLANDS FREE THEMSELVES FROM COLONIAL CONTROL?

They should break away, only if all politician agree to not steal their island monies.  Every Caribbean politician is ah FRIGGING TIEF.  Maybe just maybe independance was the worst ting that ever happened to the Caribbean islands.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB