You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Mar 01, 2019 10:01 pm

Expat
Active

Soca Monarch on the big screen

Well they stuck a big screen in we junction to show Soca Monarch.

Luckily I have a big screen in me house, so I don't have to leave the comfort of my home to watch such unadulterated crap.

Mind you having watched these dickheads shouting into the mike for 2 renditions, I do not have to walk back up the hill, just turn it off.

Maybe these Soca monarchs aren't on yet? who knows it's too bloody painful to find out.

I went to Calypso tents back in the day, and it was fun, a good night out, but this crap... nah.

#2 Mar 02, 2019 7:57 am

Slice
Active

Re: Soca Monarch on the big screen

Trini Soca Monarch? Why they do dat and did not do for Greenz? Sounds like fun.  Man you getting too damn ole.  You only hobby are playing with guns.  Well in ah way you have ah hobby, ah doh even have one.

Last edited by Slice (Mar 02, 2019 7:58 am)

#3 Mar 02, 2019 12:17 pm

Slice
Active

ow Expat, you also filed to mention that the Soca monarch is Grenadain.  Yep we win in Trini.   They should have five Big Screens in you junction.

#4 Mar 02, 2019 1:46 pm

Expat
Active

When I posted it had only been going for around half an hour or so, I guess the idiots prancing and shouting into the mike were just second rate artists warming up the crowd.

Some time later I peeped into the living room and saw another idiot who seemed to be a contender for pratt of the year, at which point I finally stopped wasting electricity and pulled the plug.

So the big screen.

Just another method for some inconsiderate bastards to make a few dollars while the majority of the residents of what is defined as a residential area are angry as what because this racket has been thrust upon them..... You see, not just the grumpy old white man up the hill.

The sound quality was just as awful down in the junction, as what came out of my screen, so it was lousy audio from Trinidad. Courtesy of Flow.

I couldn't sleep until around 2am,  so with all the windows doors etc closed it was hot, so I had to run a fan to break the heat. Then when finally asleep obviously Killer or muppet won, and so the volume went through the roof, and at around 3:15 I was forced awake again.

No one knew who was likely to win, the venue in Trinidad was presumably suitable and located in a place that was not going to disturb anyone. The show was broadcast across the Caribbean, and again presumably almost everyone watched it if they so wished in the comfort of their own home. Other than someone wanting to make a change there was no need to make a residential area into a concert hall. It wasn't even a big screen but a projection onto a marquee as far as I know, so probably not even that good to watch.

The noise finishes after 3:30, the the Saturday market kicks off around 7am. Probably the same people....

Board footer