You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Mar 01, 2019 12:31 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Anti-vaxxers

Real Distwalker wrote:
Expat wrote:

Carry on mate laugh.... we will see who has the last laugh.

Yeah, we will.

Well at the moment I hope you are hale and hearty, and in all honesty I hope that continues for a long time.

However living in America, absorbing God knows what toxins from just about every food product you consume, there is a strong likelihood that despite my delayed terminal illness, which I am hoping to postpone for ever if not actually recover, and the fact that I am older than you by? 10 years, even though I have to duck and dive with the American products that flood our shelves, the odds are in my favour as to who is likely to get dementia or a heart attack first.

My next CKD revue is in May, I am hoping I have continued my improvement, and to have slipped over the boundary from CKD3 to CKD2. Despite a propensity to heat exhaustion, I feel generally better than I have in years.

As Slice knows I plug away at all kind of jobs, today apart from the usual chicken chores I am servicing the car, and if I feel like it after picking up the little granny I shall continue digging fence post holes, or else whacking the grass. Around 15 years ago I got my first diagnosis, which should I have not researched the illness on the WWW, and obtained confirming guidance and nutritional advice which matched my own research from the Grenada health service, I am bloody sure as I could not maintain the tablet regime for a transplant I would have been dead around 5 years ago. Had I thrown away the standard prescriptions earlier I would probably have been fitter quicker. Had I found some of the loony tunes sites I have since found, I would certainly have improved more rapidly. So you keep taking the Beta blockers for a natural adaptation by the body, and I'll just do a bit of diaphram breathing.

Last edited by Expat (Mar 01, 2019 12:33 pm)

#12 Mar 01, 2019 3:42 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Iowa life expectancy 79.7

Grenada life expectancy: 73.7

#13 Mar 01, 2019 5:44 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Iowa life expectancy 79.7

Grenada life expectancy: 73.7

UK life expectancy 80.96 as of 2016.

Remember I am a) a UK product, b) living an even healthier lifestyle than when I was in the UK, and c) I am not a rabid rum drinker. Grenada has the highest alcohol consumption in the Americas which would obviously negatively affect morbidity rates. My BMI was 21.3 the last time I checked, and I do not each much of the high starch, high protein, low vegetable diets that most Grenadians eat. Mine is high in vegetables low in protein, and low in carbohydrates. My sugar reading the other morning was 79, Bp was 127/82 after riding a bike 10 minutes ago. I am probably dehydrated, but that's without pressure tablets. reading taken later....118/76x70.

So, the race is on...  LoL.  Last one to La Qua is a sissy.

Last edited by Expat (Mar 01, 2019 6:54 pm)

#14 Mar 01, 2019 7:44 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

The only reason Iowa's is a year shorter than UK is because of obesity.  I am within the height and weight standards and am not considered over weight at all.   My last BP was 118/70.

#15 Mar 01, 2019 10:10 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

The only reason Iowa's is a year shorter than UK is because of obesity.  I am within the height and weight standards and am not considered over weight at all.   My last BP was 118/70.

The only reason the UK's figure isn't better is we have the Scots, Welsh, and Northern Irish in the mix. We can all make facile excuses.... the reason you have obesity is because it is the land of plenty, greed, HFCS, and a lousy diet.

So you HAD to beat my best figure by six.... LoL. Thats like showing a sunny beach when all around you is snow  LoL.

When on BP tabs sometimes I had a BP of 90/50 x 60. Now you don't go too much lower than that without getting ready to pass out... Thanks Doc.

I'll say it one more time. BP is adaptive to whats happening with your body, if its poisoned with Corn oil, Margarine, Vegetable oil, Canola Oil your blood is going to be thick and sticky, and your BP has to go up to push the wretched stuff around.

#16 Mar 02, 2019 10:01 am

Real Distwalker
Active

The reason we have obesity is the same reasons the UK is catching up fast: Multiple generations of abundance.  I just read an article about skyrocketing obesity in the UK including England.

Not that it matters.  I am not overweight.  Furthermore, your assumption that I am not healthy based on a generalization about 335 million Americans is absurd.

https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk … ry/SN03336

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Mar 02, 2019 10:17 am)

#17 Mar 02, 2019 1:57 pm

Expat
Active

There was no assumption about your health

However living in America, absorbing God knows what toxins from just about every food product you consume, there is a strong likelihood that despite my delayed terminal illness, which I am hoping to postpone for ever if not actually recover, and the fact that I am older than you by? 10 years, even though I have to duck and dive with the American products that flood our shelves, the odds are in my favour as to who is likely to get dementia or a heart attack first.

What I stated was that with your life options in your more toxic country you have greater opportunity to succumb to something.

#18 Mar 02, 2019 6:16 pm

houston
Active

Expat wrote:
houston wrote:

I get that natural immunity has evolved over years.
What about those with no immunization that can easily pass on to those with no immunity?
I think it's quite a risk to believe that anti-vaxxing is a good thing.

The percentage of un vaxed in America at least is very small.... my point being if you are nearly all vaxed why if it works as is claimed is anybody worried if a few people aren't sheeple? Yer all vaccinated you can't possibly get it..... or can you?

You are a true patriot, you have swallowed the scare tactics pill the Pharma institutions will be proud of you. as they make their billions.

When I was a kid I got polio on a sugar lump, BCG and a couple of others, now in America since the pharma companies cannot be sued.... it is something like 18 vaccines injected roughly 80 something times by the time you are 18, and unless you can figure out how to get an exception (possible) it is mandatory.... Also if you want a job in the medical profession, and I think government, it is mandatory.

Once upon a time people used to take their kids to chicken pox parties.

If it don't kill ya, and with measles if you take high dose vitamin A I think it is, it wont, it'll make you stronger. REALLY.

Every cold, flue, scrape of the knee, dog petting, sticking dirty hands in your mouth that happened as a child may have given you a slight fever, or tummy troubles, but it taught your immune system how to fight the outside world.

Every square inch of your body is covered with around 1000 different types of bacteria, not actual bacteria, but types of bacteria, MOST of it is symbiotic with your body, it is protecting you from nasty bugs. When you wash your skin with antibacterial soap you are not only killing the bad bacteria, you are killing the ones that fight the bad bacteria. Why have we got super bugs in hospital?  Because they don't just wash and clean the wards and deal with a localised contaminant, they totally disinfect the place and leave it open to those bad bugs again.

Why do face cloths stink if you don't change them or wash them thoroughly between uses... the bacteria off your skin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9S8nE-USrM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuEYCa7PMqU

Watch the 1st one first, although it is the second in the series. It covers the main points and explains the bogus stats that are thrown at you.

I do not have an obsession about Dr Bergman, but he does cover so many points and topics it seems pointless to dash around to other presenters saying pretty much the same thing. Plus he usually cites his sources of reference data. So it's not just crank opinions. Plus this guy has at least 2 clinics, teaches Chiropractic has proper medical doctors attend his seminars, and his practices see around 800 people a week. They also seem to have a cruise in the Caribbean most years where they have lectures etc for those that want it.

I am now trying to understand our microbiome, and the latest application of T cells, where you can heal a badly damaged knee in literally a few weeks and be pain free, and probably totally healed in a few months..... Or, you can get a metal knee and endure the incapacity while you heal, the physio therapy, and the time off work, and expect another less successful operation in 10 to 20 years when the first knee wears out. Not to mention the heavy metals from the wearing of the knee leaching into your body. Plus the injection route will cost around $5000, and the knee surgery around $20000.

The medical profession is catching up, but VERY slowly.

Do you really think that if we give up the fight against disease that it will simply go away on it's own?
Nasty killing germs are a moving target that adapt to our immunity from one day to the next. Without modern medicine we would have no one left to work in a lab. Thank goodness that preventions have been developed, although it is an on going battle, just the same as the battle against alergies that can suddenly develop at any age. When a bee sting can kill, I certainly wouldn't trust having an anti-vax mentality type deciding on first aid.

https://nationalpost.com/health/health- … ntibiotics

#19 Mar 04, 2019 12:12 am

Expat
Active

Without doubt there are many many conditions where serums for snake bites, antidotes for be stings, medicines to treat anaphylactic shock are brilliant and essential. Even the dreaded antibiotic has its place when serious infections occur, and are properly diagnosed.

I add the properly diagnosed part because generally speaking MOST MD's are allopathic they treat the symptom, not the cause. Two entirely different things. You can have IBS, and a doctor will give you a nasty chemical tablet to stop smoothwall spasms, which may work on the guts, but will damage your liver, and sundry other organs in the process, when there are non toxic herbal remedies. Added to that the problem probably isn't really in the guts, it is probably a a deformation of the spine around T5, which has trapped some of the nerves going to the bowels and caused the guts to play up. A few manipulations and the spine is reset, and the discs encouraged to regenerate and probably within a couple of weeks to a couple of months the problem goes away and you haven't shortened your life.

Germs on the other hand have been aided and abetted by the antiseptic brigade. YOU sitting right there looking at that computer screen have 1000 different bacteria on 1 square inch of your body. Not total bacteria, types of bacteria. MOST of them are synergistic with your body. Ergo they are there for your own good. They are your first line of defense against bad germs. Yet smart arse medicine wants you to bathe with germicide soap so you can leave your body devoid of any protection at all.   Very clever.

Your internals are vastly comprised of bacteria and even viruses, 80% of your body's immune system which is your guts is bacteria.

This is why when you take antibiotics for minor complaints you frig yourself up badly. You kill off ALL bacteria, you bugger your microbiome, and just taking a few probiotics will not restore your gut flora to what it was. We are all 100 percent individual, and that includes our microbiome, if we grew up at the same time, in the same location we would carry some similarities, but as we went our separate ways as adults the various differing life experiences, foods etc would all fine tune our guts to suite our individual needs.

Antvaxxing is only a tiny part of the move away from the pill and patch it medicine we have endured for the last 100 years.

I would have shared much of the doubts about many of the topics mentioned 10-15 years ago. I certainly thought my Dad had lost the plot back in the 60's when he was using Apple Cider Vinegar etc, but back then it was just old fashioned remedies that "may" help you. Nowadays there is a wealth of information, and access to studies etc  which we didn't have before that can guide the willing. As stated we are all individuals and not every treatment... herbal or not can be guaranteed to be the right one for you.

Even down to what you eat. One presenter had his microbiome assessed by VIOME, and they told him spinach.... something we automatically think of as being good for you, was something he was allergic to..... To which he replied that he did feel a bit off when he ate it, but did not put 2 + 2 together. So not all healthy food is good for you all the time.

Board footer