You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Mar 02, 2019 2:12 pm

Expat
Active

Thanks Brexit, Brits are to be poisoned by the American food industry

An unforeseen consequence of this dumb assed attempt to strip away from Europe at this late stage is America is ready and willing to set up trade deals with the intention of pushing even more of their food products like growth hormone fed beef, and for sure the hormone could never get into the human food chain could it...

And lets not forget the chlorine washed chicken.

Now we are told the British/European farming model should be only found in a museum....

If the yanks were so up to date and clever why would they use chlorine which is extremely bad for your health, when they could use Ozone which leaves no residue, reverts to straight H20, and is 50% more efficient at killing bugs than bleach...Chlorine.

>We are quite convinced, based on this study, that there is an association between cancer and chlorinated water." ‐ MedicalCollegeofWisconsinresearchteam<

The info is on a pdf so tiresome to edit.

However the conclusion was that as a side by side comparison of CHICKEN rearing with and without chlorinated water showed heart and cancer/tumour issues in the chickens with chlorine it indicates what is bad for chickens is likely bad for humans.

#2 Mar 02, 2019 5:30 pm

houston
Active

Re: Thanks Brexit, Brits are to be poisoned by the American food industry

Expat, I get the sense you have a strong resentment for the U.S. and I can understand why at times but don't forget that we now live in a global community. Big industry is global. The arsenic filled rice that you eat in Grenada, I eat in Canada, asians eat in Asia is the same rice boiled in every pot throughout the world. Blaming the U.S. for health issues isn't fair when we all consume the good, the bad and suffer the same.
Also, don't forget that the U.S finally came to the rescue of Great Britain after a couple of years of Churchill's begging.

#3 Mar 04, 2019 12:48 am

Expat
Active

Oh pulese.

While I have on many occasions taken the piss out of American stereotypes, and pull RD's chain, I worked for an American Insurance company for just over 14 years, and most of my direct contacts were American, and I have to say they were much easier and more pleasant to work with than the British people that slowly took over their expat positions.

Maybe you should do SOME research, because the things I am pushing against ARE basically American sourced. We ARE being poisoned by COKE, McDonalds was horrendous stuff... pink gunge at one point. I haven't been in one for years, but I believe it is improved. KFC is like sipping on arsenic it is so full of HFCS transfats and sheite, never mind the actual cooking process leaving it saturated in oil. They developed GMO's to find a way to increase Roundup sales. They are blackmailing poor farmers in America and around the World to use their roundup ready patented seeds. As per the original subject they are stating that to make trade deals Britain would have to accept bleach washed chickens.... Why bleached washed? because they have to kill off all the pathogen caused by feces on the meat during the processing. Can you really believe growth hormones ingested by beef cattle doesn't transfer to the animals that eat it... US..... what about all the antibiotic jabs they get. Do you not think that transfers and helps to make us more vulnerable to the super bugs? Sure if cattle is ill in the UK they may get dosed, but it aint routine.

America despite as RD will tell us, probably the best emergency treatment in the World, is rapidly becoming one of the sickest 1st World nations. Chronic illnesses are spiraling, auto immune diseases are spiraling, Obesity, etc etc, and thats fine if you keep it to yourselves, but you want to export all the shite that is frigging you up so, like RD says Britain can catch up.... not only with obesity.

I would correct his comment that it is because of the increased living standards, or wealth. It is because of poverty. In America and Britain too. Where is the highest incidents of obesity? In Hollywood heights or in the trailer trash camps. It is the ability to buy cheap toxic foods from takeaways that are so laced with HFCS that many of the food addicts gain ridiculous weight. They are addicted to the HFCS that is in just about every part of the meal.

Again HFCS was developed as a way to utilise the excess corn that America was creating. Now it is an industry just by itself.

#4 Mar 04, 2019 11:19 am

Real Distwalker
Active

DON?  Is that you?

#5 Mar 04, 2019 8:23 pm

Expat
Active

houston wrote:

Expat, I get the sense you have a strong resentment for the U.S. and I can understand why at times but don't forget that we now live in a global community. Big industry is global. The arsenic filled rice that you eat in Grenada, I eat in Canada, asians eat in Asia is the same rice boiled in every pot throughout the world. Blaming the U.S. for health issues isn't fair when we all consume the good, the bad and suffer the same.
Also, don't forget that the U.S finally came to the rescue of Great Britain after a couple of years of Churchill's begging.

I think you will find it was Pearl Harbour that brought the Americans into WW11. They had tried to distance themselves from what was "over there". While they most certain did finally arrive and were gratefully received by many of our women folk as they pay was much greater than the British soldiers. They definitely contributed immensely in the closing stages, but it was the Brits who stopped the Nazis from closing the deal until the final push ( which did go on for a while) from around 43 -45 with the Americans initially on the offensive in Italy. Around the time when Germany over stretched itself by taking on the Ruskies with whom they had had a pact previously. Prior to that the lease lend gave armaments etc to the allies while America trained up its troops to join the fight. Once the troops were readied it was a massed attack utilising the Americans, Brits Canadians New Zealanders, Australians and many other Empire soldiers.

#6 Mar 04, 2019 9:44 pm

houston
Active

The brits fiercely defended thier Isles for the first couple of years. Isles that would have been the prize of Hitlers on going collection. The brits had been pummeled and without the help of the U.S jumping in, the world map would look different today.
Pearl Harbor was perfect timing for Britain and the rest of Europe that opposed the Nazi regime.

#7 Mar 05, 2019 12:51 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Two words: Lend/Lease  Without it, Britain would have sued for peace and been subjected to German domination.  This nearly happened anyway. 

The British were absolutely, positively heroic in resisting Nazi domination but, without the involvement of the United States, it is doubtful that heroism would have been enough.

#8 Mar 05, 2019 2:29 pm

New Historian
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Two words: Lend/Lease  Without it, Britain would have sued for peace and been subjected to German domination.  This nearly happened anyway. 

The British were absolutely, positively heroic in resisting Nazi domination but, without the involvement of the United States, it is doubtful that heroism would have been enough.

Better late than never, after you lot were dragged kicking and streaming into "the world's best war" - thank god for the sneaky Japs!!

#9 Mar 05, 2019 2:51 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Well, for the record, Britain pretty much had to be dragged into the war to.  Under the Chamberlain government there was a significant number of Brits who would have been happy to declare neutrality and sit the war out.  Thank Churchill for preventing that.  Britain's appeasement policies and pacifism all the way into 1939 makes a pretty strong case that, had Great Britain been across the Atlantic rather than just the English Channel, it would have had to have been dragged kicking and screaming into the war as well.

I am not being critical here.  It would take a pretty hard heart for a nation that experienced 1914-1918 the way the British did to NOT be pacifists.

#10 Mar 05, 2019 2:58 pm

New Historian
Active

That's an over simplification - and over pacification. Britain wasn't nearly as isolationist as USA, largely because they couldn't afford to be: right under Hitler's guns. Yes Chamberlain's limp "peace in our times" malarky may have made it look like the whole of the UK was behind him, but I don't think that was the case. My father went to England in December 1941 as an idealistic 19-year old and was amazed by the fervour for war that Hitler elicited from the Brits. Had it not been for Pearl Harbor, you lot would have never joined in, and I'd probably speak a fair amount of German by now!

Board footer