You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Mar 16, 2019 11:13 pm

houston
Active

Mosque

I've never met a mosque person that I didn't like. In fact I admire the dedication to the temples. Beautiful structures they are, in fact I would like to enter one and see what brings on that kindness.

#2 Mar 16, 2019 11:29 pm

houston
Active

Re: Mosque

I think I'll visit the local mosque tomorrow rather than listening to the standard jiberish at Knox Church.

#3 Mar 17, 2019 7:19 am

Slice
Active

I know they are peaceful folks, but you see me, I ent going close to one anytime soon.  Kinda amazing what ah few bad apples can do.

#4 Mar 17, 2019 11:09 am

Real Distwalker
Active

The Mother Mosque of North America is in Cedar Rapids Iowa where I grew up.  I went to high school with third generation Muslim Americans.  In those days, I couldn't tell the Muslims from the Methodists by looking at them.  Boys played sports and girls were cheerleaders.  It only became evident on certain holidays.  We have had an influx of Muslim immigrants and they are more traditional now.  They haven't integrated as much and it is easy to pick them out; especially the women with hajibs.  Still, no problems around here. I count many Muslims among my friends and acquaintances.

#5 Mar 17, 2019 6:46 pm

houston
Active

There should be no us and them. We all have the same goals of education, marriage, family, mortgage and responsibilities. No need to be afraid of others that strive for the same happiness that we each do. Things aint a changin, so we better get used to it and share the beautiful space.

#6 Mar 17, 2019 10:50 pm

Expat
Active

houston wrote:

There should be no us and them. We all have the same goals of education, marriage, family, mortgage and responsibilities. No need to be afraid of others that strive for the same happiness that we each do. Things aint a changin, so we better get used to it and share the beautiful space.

On the surface Islam is not far different from Judaism, or Christianity, and apart from the isolationism of many immigrants that chose not to adopt the standards and lifestyles of the country that have chosen as their new home, (some of which I can't blame them0 except if you don't like it, don't emigrate to the place..... but to the real point of the post was Islam like Evangelists, Mormons and 7 days are firmly intent on converting everyone to Islam, and while I will concur that the vast majority have the appearance of just getting on with life as we all do, I do believe there is an under current of wanting to turn the whole World into a Caliphate perhaps not with the extremism we are now seeing, but as a "younger religion" they do seem to be more fervent in their intentions and more blindly fixated on the words of the Koran. Which has as much fire and brimstone as the Bible, but thankfully most people do not hold so close to every written word in the Bible. Otherwise there would be a lot of missing teeth and eyes.

Board footer